View Poll Results: Which car would you rather own, given the facts and/or personal preference?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • '02 Acura RSX Base premium 5 speed

15 55.56%
  • '93 Toyota MKIV Supra Inline 6 N/A 5 speed

12 44.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Acura RSX Base Vs. 1993 Toyota MKIV Supra N/A

Thanks for all your input guys. This is a huge asset to my decision making process. Hearing from people that the Supra is a fat sluggish oaf that doesn't handle like an Integ almost determines the outcome for me anyway. Of course its disappointing, given that I've got a soft spot for somewhat uncommon cars like the supra, skyline, etc what have you. At least I'm getting good points thrown out there, which is what I wanted. No biased points at all really. You guys are fantastic, keep throwing them out there if there's anything anyone else knows that I should know about too.

Rob

well If you get two turbos my oppinion changes on the car
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Not that I'm determined to be rid of my car or anything, because I really do enjoy it, but I thought I'd throw a couple of other options out there anyway. Also on my table of interests are:

1990 300ZX Twin Turbo (104,000km)

1990 BMW 850i (84,000km)

the 300ZX looks straight, but the steering wheel is less than attractive.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    the steering wheel is less than attractive.
    lol the least of my worries .

The 300Z looks like it's been molested. And the BMW would be nice, but how reliable are they? My neighbor has two. One leaks something profusely (he actually put a pad on the concrete to keep it from staining). And the other is constantly in his garage.

Of the two original cars, the Supra is the better looking one, but the RSX is the way better all rounder. Might be cheaper to insure too.

Edit- Just looked at your profile. You already own a RSX. So why bother with a new one?
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 07-23-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    T And the BMW would be nice, but how reliable are they? My neighbor has two. One leaks something profusely (he actually put a pad on the concrete to keep it from staining). And the other is constantly in his garage.
    I liked the BMW for its low kilometers and good shape, but it was exactly the question of reliability/arm and leg maintenance costs that've got me wondering.

A kid in my town had one and I wanted to talk to him about how they are cost wise and upkeep, but he only owned it for about 2 weeks before he wrapped it around a pole.

If you buy the Z, prepare for eternal humiliation as we laugh at its faux-430 lights.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    I liked the BMW for its low kilometers and good shape, but it was exactly the question of reliability/arm and leg maintenance costs that've got me wondering.

A kid in my town had one and I wanted to talk to him about how they are cost wise and upkeep, but he only owned it for about 2 weeks before he wrapped it around a pole.
    Exactly. And what car do you own currently anyway? You didn't answer my edited post.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    If you buy the Z, prepare for eternal humiliation as we laugh at its faux-430 lights.
    I've seen one like that, without the weird interior and exterior modifications. I was interested when I spotted it from far away, but when I got closer I immediately knew what it was and noticed how poorly the tailights fit the body. And then all interest died. Plus, the 300Z has probably been used and abused if it's been modded like that.

Exactly. And what car do you own currently anyway? You didn't answer my edited post.
    He has a RSX. It's in the 1st post.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

The RSX in the poll is the one I currently own. Initially the purpose of this thread was to see if I should trade my rsx for a supra, which is what the poll was for.

Yea, all the cars that I've posted up are basically what the RSX would be traded for. So its great to see what people's thoughts and opinions are. I've always wanted a true rear wheel drive sports car, as well as something a bit more noticeable. This is why I'm considering to trade the rsx in the first place.

Personally I just have a thing for the mkIV supra... not to mention it drives the right wheels. If you want comfort then by all means stay with the rsx, but if you want to have fun there's nothing like a stripped supra.

Now you put the Z in the mix. Out of all the cars I would go with the Nissan 300ZX now. If you get it, please get rid of the Tail lights and the red interior...especially the floor mats, and replace the seats with Bride or something. Now, if your looking for just a car to drive everyday, I would personally stick with your RSX. I mean Im not a big fan at all of FWD, but hey, if you were to give me your car right now, I would take it easily. Before you make a decision though, I would just ask yourself, what do you want to do with your car. Cause the Supra will need work, and the Z might also.

OHH...btw, in the BMW pic, what is with all those RX-7s in the background. Man, theres alot of them, are they forsale??? IF so, see about one of those, you have alot of choices then
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    He has a RSX. It's in the 1st post.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    The RSX in the poll is the one I currently own. Initially the purpose of this thread was to see if I should trade my rsx for a supra, which is what the poll was for.

Yea, all the cars that I've posted up are basically what the RSX would be traded for. So its great to see what people's thoughts and opinions are. I've always wanted a true rear wheel drive sports car, as well as something a bit more noticeable. This is why I'm considering to trade the rsx in the first place.
    Oh.

The supra is nice, but it certainly won't be that nice after you have to fix it a few times. The acura is still pretty new and won't cause nearly as many problems and be more reliable. I would definitely stick with the RSX unless you have quite a bit of cash to spare.

Thread Information