View Poll Results: where do you want to meet?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canada (BC rules)

5 16.13%
  • USA

15 48.39%
  • Mexico (its cheap and always hot)

1 3.23%
  • Australia (preferably somewhere we won't be killed/poisoned/dismembered)

5 16.13%
  • Europe

5 16.13%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: UCP Meet up...ideas?

You members haven't met up - and it shows. Listen to australians on this one guys.

A small event, where its equally easy to get to (or just really cheap) with cheap accomodation is key for a first event.

Once you see your all compatible you can get onto organising bigger meetups.

So organise a continent wide meetup for mid next year. then after that organise something else. The earlier you book your tickets the cheaper they are
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I was trying to get the money right up to the deadline, so I didn't really think of something like that. It was a wasted win.
    Thats how we live and learn. You'll know for next time .

Well I wanted to meet up with the Aussies as they are the members I most regularly talk to outside of UCP (Cyco, Sauc3, whiteballz, IB4R...) but I fell short on dough before the deadline for TGWPE4 or whatever the hell it was.

I once tried to meet up with Vaigra and IWAARS6 back when they were regulars on here but we kind of lost touch and it never materialized.

As Kitdy pointed out earlier I was supposed to meet up with the ECC guys (J#5, myself, Quiggs, Badda and maybe Rocke if he isn't busy stealing hubcaps in the Garden State) this summer but Quiggs and Badda choked on us and I choked on J#5 since we wouldn't have had the time to drink a beer together as he was working. No beers, no David.

We are supposed to meet up in Montréal for Quiggs' birthday in October however.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    You need to upgrade and go newer my friend. If she was problematic from the beginning, things will only get worse . Kind of like a car!
    We've only been together 3 months. And she's as new as it gets, 17 years old. Barely legal yo. I wouldn't be with her if she wasn't so mature though, I generally don't like girls younger than me (2 years younger in this case).
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I still can't get over the fact that someone born in 1990 is 18. I feel so freaking old.
    Haha, I know exactly how you feel.

On the regional meets I'd say that's not too bad of an idea, but Im closer to NY than I am to BC or Alberta. So I may well end up going to a US meet depending on where it is.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

this is another idea thought up by a bunch of caucasian wealthy guys for other groups of caucasian wealthy guys

****ING TERRIBLE!
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    this is another idea thought up by a bunch of caucasian wealthy guys for other groups of caucasian wealthy guys

****ING TERRIBLE!
    you ever been to a car show?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

****ING TERRIBLE!
    Wait, really? I can't tell if you're serious or not, but not all of the people discussing this are white, and most of us are strapped for funds, so what's your problem?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

****ING TERRIBLE!
    Just like the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, Constitution, and pretty much every single piece of legislation from any government.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Well I wanted to meet up with the Aussies as they are the members I most regularly talk to outside of UCP (Cyco, Sauc3, whiteballz, IB4R...) but I fell short on dough before the deadline for TGWPE4 or whatever the hell it was.

I once tried to meet up with Vaigra and IWAARS6 back when they were regulars on here but we kind of lost touch and it never materialized.

As Kitdy pointed out earlier I was supposed to meet up with the ECC guys (J#5, myself, Quiggs, Badda and maybe Rocke if he isn't busy stealing hubcaps in the Garden State) this summer but Quiggs and Badda choked on us and I choked on J#5 since we wouldn't have had the time to drink a beer together as he was working. No beers, no David.

We are supposed to meet up in Montréal for Quiggs' birthday in October however.

We've only been together 3 months. And she's as new as it gets, 17 years old. Barely legal yo. I wouldn't be with her if she wasn't so mature though, I generally don't like girls younger than me (2 years younger in this case).
    is she high maintenence?
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Wait, really? I can't tell if you're serious or not, but not all of the people discussing this are white, and most of us are strapped for funds, so what's your problem?
    okay 1. i did not say ALL are white.
    2. my problem i thought was clearly stated: this is for the rich
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Just like the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, Constitution, and pretty much every single piece of legislation from any government.
    say it again. but this time with more pride.

EDIT: I ALSO DID NOT MEAN IT AS IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH BEING WHITE OR WEALTHy, MERELy DESCRIBING THE DEMOGRAPHICS

its like when TVR screws up a car everyone here goes "damn russians". so don't give me this double standard when i do the same treatment to caucasians. everyone here does it.
    Last edited by blingbling; 08-14-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    is she high maintenence?
    No not at all.

I've been quite unfair in my previous statement, I mean, yes, I do spend a lot of dough on her but that's because her hobby is trying out new restaurants and new food. I pay for her meal the one time, the next time it's her who pays for mine, and vice versa. Eating at fancy restaurants 2-3 times per week does get expensive anyway however.

On all other fronts she doesn't spend much/ask for much.

And she lets me booze with my friends which is very nice. All she asks for is a text at around 1 AM or so to wish her good night and I'm free to go wherever/do whatever the hell I want.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 08-14-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    okay 1. i did not say ALL are white.
    2. my problem i thought was clearly stated: this is for the richsay it again. but this time with more pride.

EDIT: I ALSO DID NOT MEAN IT AS IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH BEING WHITE OR WEALTHy, MERELy DESCRIBING THE DEMOGRAPHICS

its like when TVR screws up a car everyone here goes "damn russians". so don't give me this double standard when i do the same treatment to caucasians. everyone here does it.
    No not at all.

I've been quite unfair in my previous statement, I mean, yes, I do spend a lot of dough on her but that's because her hobby is trying out new restaurants and new food. I pay for her meal the one time, the next time it's her who pays for mine, and vice versa. Eating at fancy restaurants 2-3 times per week does get expensive anyway however.

On all other fronts she doesn't spend much/ask for much.

And she lets me booze with my friends which is very nice. All she asks for is a text at around 1 AM or so to wish her good night and I'm free to go wherever/do whatever the hell I want.
    don't worry blingbling, i have a family friend who is from Tranidad and can get a little like that.
    well fiset, i would be like that if i had a boy friend. just that i wouldn't let him go boozing or drunk for that matter. i wouldn't restrict him from chilling with his bud's.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

im actually canadian but trinidad is pretty chillin. if canada had warmer climate i think we all end up just like trinis. yeah gyal

With some of the Dutch guys I have allready been in touch. Wouter a long time ago I think, Pieter and I went to this Citroen meet-up together once, Jorismo and me went to a few events together as well. Perhaps it is handier to first organise national meetings. When these succeed we can combine a few meetings and travel together. Say the Dutchies meet up and drive in 1 or 2 cars to the Frenchies or something. That'd be a neat way I guess. As I said before I have no problem with driving long, I visited almost every EU country for my job anyway last month
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-15-2009 at 02:23 AM.

While I like the idea and would dearly love to see it works, it's not gonna happen.

The logistics behind planning such a meeting on a worldwide scale are way too complicated, unless one of you folks wins the lottery and is willing to pay for everybody's plane tickets for us all to come and crash at his/her place.

I work a lot these days and most of my money go into my cellphone and interwebz bills, car payment, and girlfriend. The latter is especially expensive. I haven't got much left, and my everytime-I-go-out-I-must-drink-alcohol lifestyle doesn't help. There's no way I could save up for a trip unless it's incredibly cheap (Varadero in Cuba last year cost me $700 CAD for a week, in a 3.5 stars hotel that was actually very decent with decent food, right on the beach and booze at will - we got a group price, we were 38).

IF we decide to go ahead and do it, we'd have to plan it at least a year in advance so people can save up for it. Young folks here like me who work for stupidly low wages ($12.50/hour in my case) don't have much money.

Expect a lot of MIA members anyway.

And no, I'm not being pessimist, just realistic. I do hope it works though.

And on topic I suggest Le Mans. And we crash at Wouter's afterwards.
    you guys are doing it wrong if you thinking of getting 10349 people to meet up all at once.
    look at the tgwpe meets. that started with THREE people and cost each of us ~$150 (including a return airfare for me..)
    the next year it was ~10 people, etc etc
    consider the first one a trial run, to scout out events, iron out problems/logistics. start small, regional, then plan a bigger event for more people well in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    All I know is the next time I decide to go on a vacation, it will either be to the US or to Australia, and when it happens I'll be sure to get in touch with the locals there to schedule my own little gathering.
    this is also a good way to get it started
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information