Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gt3 Drifting Tips!!!!!

Gt3 Drifting Tips!!!!!

this is the best page i have seen for tips on drifting in GT3, it has all the set ups of the good drift cars. lots of tips and other sh!t like that

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...3_drifting.txt

my fav car has to be the R32 skyline gts-t its the best to drift with
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

Any car with Simulation Tires will do for me!!! LOL

any car?????

try drifting with a mini cooper 1.3 hahahaha i'd luv 3 c that

Quote Originally Posted by foto_choppa
    any car?????

try drifting with a mini cooper 1.3 hahahaha i'd luv 3 c that
    Hey foto choppa what would you give me if I get it to drift and post the picks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by painterr
    Hey foto choppa what would you give me if I get it to drift and post the picks!!!
    yea, is just doing that its funny, i got it backwards a few times-really sideways

just turn off traction and stability control, practically any car slides if you brake into a corner hard.

ps. thats not really a drift, just a slide, actual drifts require the driver/player to maintain loss of traction through a controlled process, thus loosing very little speed while maintaining the optimum driving line

meh, i dunno why drifting all that hyped up, you dont go as fast as if you grip and stay on the line, ruin your tires, and has no practical use on actual roads since your front wheels get all the grip

yea but with these setting and cars you can maintain a drift at almost full throttle.
    and the fact that you said'drifting is slower than staying to the racing line'(kinda wat u sed)-its not always true, sometimes you can come out of corners faster as you dont loose much speed when you drift

yea but with these setting and cars you can maintain a drift at almost full throttle.
    and the fact that you said'drifting is slower than staying to the racing line'(kinda wat u sed)-its not always true, sometimes you can come out of corners faster as you dont loose much speed when you drift
    thats physically impossible, litterally, the laws of physics states you can't. the fastest (acceleration wise) you can go depends on the conditions of the track and your car. you can only go as fast as the traction you have available. if you exceed or do not reach this point you cannot optimize your acceleration. when you slide ie drift you are in a process of controlled oversteer but any power you apply will not be transferred to the ground (you could be at 50 or 100 % throttle it wouldnt matter).

i dont know how the game's physics engine works but they have claimed its lifelike enough to learn how to drive in so i'd expect it to conform with these conditions. grip driving no matter how dull is the fastest way to take a corner. only in very specialized turns will the drift angle be enough to put you in such a position that you can turn faster than the other guy, mainly these would be either really tight hairpins or low traction conditions where the drift puts you in a position to start accelerating early than if you were gripping. the only real world conditions (or game condition) where this would be effective would be the rally stages were there is very little traction

im taliking about in the game not real life

im taliking about in the game not real life
    the game's physics engine is built to emulate real life conditions. the only thing you can't do is flip the car. it's not designed like initial D arcade games where u can gain speed going through a hairpin. there are only a few exceptions in the game where drifting would be advantagous over grip

exactly, youre not supposed to drift every corner. the game wasnt designed to drift.

agreed

my point was you wernt suppose to drift ANY corner, since a succesful drift requires a negative camber on the front wheels while the rear stay at 0. this suspension setting makes it virtually impossible to grip since the rear will almost always swing out due to the lack of traction.

i know that someone really good (real life or games) can probably initiate a loss of traction and balance a drift through the use of throttle and brake alone but i've yet to meet someone like this, or even heard of one for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    agreed

my point was you wernt suppose to drift ANY corner, since a succesful drift requires a negative camber on the front wheels while the rear stay at 0. this suspension setting makes it virtually impossible to grip since the rear will almost always swing out due to the lack of traction.

i know that someone really good (real life or games) can probably initiate a loss of traction and balance a drift through the use of throttle and brake alone but i've yet to meet someone like this, or even heard of one for that matter
    exactly

true

the race we got going now on the Tahiti Maze I didnt drift one time in any of the corners!! and I am pulling the fastest time so far. I have proven over and over that drifting slows you up in the corners. As far as I am concern drifting is just for show and thrills. But for speed you need to keep a straight line as much as possible. I have time after time proven that a streight line is better. i have taken a corner in a drift and then come back and raced my ghost and drove a streight line and blew away my drift line. That is the best way to test to see if it is faster unless you have a sharkport and I can send you one of my replays and you can race against my ghost to see which is faster.

Thread Information