Thread: iRacing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

iRacing

Anyone into iRacing? I have a few more months left in Iraq. When I get back to the states I want to start racing again. If any of you have iRacing please share your user names.

I used to race on Nascar Racing 2002 season online, then Raced on Nascar Racing 2003 season online in a few differnt leagues and had my own racing team. I've been in to the Nascar Racing series since #1 and was sad to see it be retired. Papyrus did an excellent job! I then raced some in rFactor, but I am looking for something a little more organized.

So like I said, please leave your username for iRacing, and when I get back to the states and register I'll share mine too
    Last edited by FastDriver; 09-15-2011 at 03:56 PM.

I'm an avid iRacer but I'm strictly road so don't know if we'd ever cross paths. I never had any previous Papy titles...my experience was with Simbin titles before.

Roy Visser is also.

Roy actually helped me out a lot in getting my sim career going.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I'm an avid iRacer but I'm strictly road so don't know if we'd ever cross paths. I never had any previous Papy titles...my experience was with Simbin titles before.

Roy Visser is also.

Good luck!
    I like road races also. F1 is one of my favorite. Also I like Rally car racing.

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    I like road races also. F1 is one of my favorite. Also I like Rally car racing.

I also like road races. This game is really cool.

Embassy in Madrid | Cuban Embassy in Spain
    Last edited by embassy16; 04-16-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post

Roy Visser is also.

Good luck!
    Are you professional by any chance?
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w View Post
    Are you professional by any chance?
    hehe....it's just a term.

Back on iRacing...it's difficult to explain somewhat. It is described as a service that offers several series of races around the clock. It's a huge active community of avid sim racers and many are professional drivers in real life from all genres and levels. For example last week I was on the track with Jordan Taylor who is currently in first place in Grand Am GT class. I've been on the track with Justin Wilson of Indy car fame, Eric Foss and Michael Skeen of the Continental Tire series, Dale Earnhardt Jr. of NASCAR. Those are just a few.

iRacing is a living entity in which every 13 weeks is tweaked and/or has some new feature introduced. In some ways it's behind the curve in features that other sims have had for years, and in some ways it's ahead. The server service is impeccable and the tracks are laser scanned and hands down the best and most accurate in the business.

Races are self administered in that drivers are to stay within the bounds of the track and the rules or their Safety Rating will take a hit. There is also a license rating and ladder system. There is a Sporting Code to regulate all the activities of iRacing as well as a means to file official protests. Races are amazingly clean in the upper license levels.

The cost is the main rub of iRacing in the way you have to purchase a lot of the content(tracks & cars). To me it's all reasonable...we are just used to super cheap titles...but iRacing gives a solid and unique experience type bang for the buck.

Recent additions to iRacing are Suzuka, Okayama, Doran Ford GT GT2, a new tire model, ATLAS telemetry provided by McLaren(and MP4-12C GT3 coming soon) and graphics tweaking aids.

The only way to really understand iRacing is to join and spend six months racing, reading, learning where they've been and where they're going.

Oops, forgot we also got the Acura HPD ARX O1C as another recent addition.

All the cars are scanned and data is shared from the respective teams.

i have never played this game. can someone tell me about it? is it free?

Quote Originally Posted by 250gto boy View Post
    i have never played this game. can someone tell me about it? is it free?
    its not free but its only like $7 a month. iRacing 2.0 | The Premier Online Sim Racing Game

Played through Uncharted 2 and replayed through Uncharted 3 over the weekend(pathetic, I know, but I got nothing better to do, I did waxed my car on Sat....). I have to say Uncharted 2 I find was more "epic", even though 3 has some really spectacular moment. They did make some subtle changes to the mechanic of the game that sorta made 3 more tricky to handle. And not necessarily for the better. I do like though 3 is less "supernatural" than the 2. Those crazy yeti near the end of 2 was really annoying, so was the boss battle at the end. But nothing is more annoying than spiders....

Thread Information