Thread: Logitech G25 & GT4

Logitech G25 & GT4

Has anyone tried this new steering wheel for Grand Turismo 4?? I am wondering if the clutch actually works in manual mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How much did that cost?
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

I have the G25 for my PC, it cost £160 delivered from CCL (UK). I was considering doing a full review but i thought it might be vein/too early.

The cluth/manual gearbox depends on the game. If you select H-shifter and uncheck automatic clutch then its great. IN TDU manual mode, manual shifts are paddle shifted or h-shifter shifted depending on the car being driven and its actual gearbox type. so you cant use the gear lever for a ferrari enzo nor use the paddle shifts in say a tuscan (unless you unselect h-shifter).

The clutch is realistic enough in that you can stall the car if you dont use some gas. Also in more powerful/less traction control cars your clutch engagement speed will make the difference in exiting corners and making clean breaks of the line.

I highly enjoy the gearbox and the excelent force feedback is impressive. up to 900 degrees of rotation is available. The leather and stainless steel is a joy to use. The rock solid pedal box is pretty big and heavy, even if the pedals are a tad close together.

I am not 100% happy with my wheel becasue it has developed a 10-15 degree deadzone (i have checked the game settings, deadzone is zero) and the force feedback while still being precise and accurate feels and sounds like your turning a bunch of cogs. This wasnt like this out the box

i havent played GT4 (i am PC not ps2) but there is a logitech forum where i have been ranting:
    http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...teering_wheels
    autozine.org

I was thinking about getting it, but the price is a bit steep and I usually use the regular controls anyway. I do have the old GT3 steering wheel. It works, but it's not wonderful. The centering is crazy. I think GT4 is much more sensitive than GT3 but the old steering wheel isn't, so it shudders like crazy at speed. I wish there was a way to dial back the sensitivity to allow true backward compatibility.

Edit- I can't find the wheel on the Logitech site anymore, but I'm guessing that it's most similar to this one-

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/272&cl=us,en

The only difference that I find from my version and the one in the link is that there are no paddle shifters in the newer steering wheel.

The fact that I can't find it shows how old the steering wheel is.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 06-07-2007 at 08:43 AM.

Guest Guest
    For a game like GT4, theres no point. Get a DFP. I love my G25 to bits (so much i've had to buy the f*cking thing twice), but the main features like the FFB won't even work properly on GT4, and as it is GT4 is hardly a sim

The G25 is decent on GT4, but not worth it for GT4 alone.

IMHO, it really shows it true colors on PC sims (it's original purpose). I just got GT Legends, and running around in the DeTomaso with this has been amazing.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

if you only plan on using it for GT4, your better off getting a DFP (which go for around $70 new)
    clutch etc wont work with GT4!

i love my G25, but i use it for sims like GTR2/GTL/RACE

this is me doing a lap around Spa in GTL, with all aids off, and using the clutch and H-shifter, heel-toeing rocksors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZTGpFve0-Q
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

i like it, i like it a lot.

i like this too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4Vq...e=user&search=
    autozine.org

Thread Information