Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [PC/X360] Shadowrun

Its probably just seen as the next step forwards. If microsoft can dominate the console market, they already hold the key (DirectX) to the vast majority of new release PC games. If they can combine xbox and windows players together in the multiplayer community, successfully, then mr gates is yet again in the big bucks. It was inevitable really. But most devoted pc online gamers, including myself, will consider it unecessary. It does provide an uneven battle-ground. But the fun factor is there if a group of friends can play the same game against eachother if they have a pc or a 360. Atleast thats what microsoft would argue. The unspoken rule is that whoever runs the pc will have to either buy a new system or vista to play it. Isnt it easier to just buy a 360 if your a casual gamer? We'll wait and see i guess.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 06-12-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Its probably just seen as the next step forwards. If microsoft can dominate the console market, they already hold the key (DirectX) to the vast majority of new release PC games. If they can combine xbox and windows players together in the multiplayer community, successfully, then mr gates is yet again in the big bucks. It was inevitable really. But most devoted pc online gamers, including myself, will consider it unecessary. It does provide an uneven battle-ground. But the fun factor is there if a group of friends can play the same game against eachother if they have a pc or a 360. Atleast thats what microsoft would argue. The unspoken rule is that whoever runs the pc will have to either buy a new system or vista to play it. Isnt it easier to just buy a 360 if your a casual gamer? We'll wait and see i guess.
    I wouldn't call it uneven. There isn't much difference in, for example, racing games. It just seem like it's a bit unfair due to the fact that the most anticipated games are mostly shooters, it's like 5-6 shooter games versus 1-2 racing games. So far I'd say it's pretty successful, it allows players to have either systems and still be able to each other. I consider myself as a casual gamer but I still chose PC because of its quality and that it can do anything, I've lowered my gaming time to 5-6 hours per week but since Shadowrun is so good, that might quadruple in the following week, especially once I familiarized myself with the game with bot matches I'll really start to put my Gold account into use.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

you bought an 8800GTX and OC your system but only play games for 5-6 hours a week that seems pretty pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    you bought an 8800GTX and OC your system but only play games for 5-6 hours a week that seems pretty pointless
    The 8800GTX was a Christmas gift from my bro. My sound card works more than anything else, seriously.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

a christmas gift? jeez hes got deeps pockets

i thought you traded in a ps3 for an 8800GTX & GTS and shared them?

I'm usually gaming for about 2 hours a night. 3 hours on a weekend.

I found out why some games wouldnt maximize to my desktop. It was my xbox360 driver somehow blocking games for running at my resolution. A guy on a forum pointed it out to me. Now everything works. phew! now all i have to do is re-play all my single player campaigns... looks like my summer is fully booked DIRT will be my after-exam treat, before the summer-lineup comes and empties my pockets!

Nobody paid, well maybe except for nVidia.

The thing is, he got a GTX and a GTS for Christmas which he said he got from a friend, and then he gave me the GTX on the same day. That cheap bastard wouldn't fork out $100 if he has to buy a video card. Lol.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 06-13-2007 at 04:42 AM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Thread Information