Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PC/X360] Shadowrun

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

[PC/X360] Shadowrun

http://shadowrun.com/

This is it! I got my copy today, plus a year Gold subscription. Any of you console boys wanna get owned? On the back of the box there's this little label saying "cross-platform".
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

G.I.M.I.C.K

The game looks pretty dull tbh. I think the prospect of cross platform gaming has been around for a long time, but even with the entire "games for windows" promising to supply more and more games with this function, i personally dont care if I'm playing against somebody with a 360. The only difference is the controller and the fact that theyre on a TV screen rather than a monitor.

The fact that its an FPS will clearly give the pc gamer an upper hand. They should advertise the '360 controller for windows' with this game. Because I just sense all the 360 players getting pwned. This isnt me being a fanboy, its just that there will be a definite response time difference between the pc and 360 players when playing FPS games. Just like driving games are so much better on console controllers. Thats why i use a 360 controller for all my driving games on PC. They shouldve made this 3rd person, or try it out on a driving game first. IMHO.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 06-12-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Sooo, you have to pay to play online? For a PC game?

Game does sound cool though

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Sooo, you have to pay to play online? For a PC game?

Game does sound cool though
    Free Silver membership just like X360, but to play cross-platform I have to pay $49.99 for 12 months subscription + 1 month free.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    Free Silver membership just like X360, but to play cross-platform I have to pay $49.99 for 12 months subscription + 1 month free.
    Damn Microsoft....sounds fun however!

Last but not least, this may be a little disappointing for some of you.

Requirements as stated on box:

Processor: Dual Core CPU
    Memory: 2GB RAM, 4.5GB free HDD space
    Video Card: nVidia 7800/ATi X1800 or better

Enhanced for: Multi-core

LIVE: Online multiplayer 2-16 / Cross-platform / Achievements / Friends
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Last but not least, this may be a little disappointing for some of you.

Requirements as stated on box:

Processor: Dual Core CPU
    Memory: 2GB RAM, 4.5GB free HDD space
    Video Card: nVidia 7800/ATi X1800 or better

Enhanced for: Multi-core

LIVE: Online multiplayer 2-16 / Cross-platform / Achievements / Friends
    Damn Vista and its über memory needs.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Wow. That's really dumb. It's a marketing because Microsoft wants us all to move onto Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Wow. That's really dumb. It's a marketing because Microsoft wants us all to move onto Vista.
    Or maybe it's just DirectX 10.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Damn Vista and its über memory needs.
    Most games would need that much anyway. 2GB DDR2 can be had for $80, or high quality ones for $100-150. They really went downhill in price ever since chip manufacturers were fined for RAM pricing. I'm planning to upgrade to 4GB over this summer seeing the low prices.

Anyway, Shadowrun is really different from anything I've played. While it is a FPS, it's almost like everybody hacking in Counter Strike. You can fly, see through walls, teleport, etc. legitimately but of course there are limitations. Very cool idea IMO, it makes FPS whole lot more interesting and much faster-paced.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Most games would need that much anyway. 2GB DDR2 can be had for $80, or high quality ones for $100-150. They really went downhill in price ever since chip manufacturers were fined for RAM pricing. I'm planning to upgrade to 4GB over this summer seeing the low prices.
    I know, I checked the prices recently because I'm upgrading my computer this summer seeing mine sucks and Core 2 Quad is about to hit. I'm planning 2GB to begin with and maybe add an additional 2GB in the future. I miss the days you were good with 128MB in Windows 98...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I know, I checked the prices recently because I'm upgrading my computer this summer seeing mine sucks and Core 2 Quad is about to hit. I'm planning 2GB to begin with and maybe add an additional 2GB in the future. I miss the days you were good with 128MB in Windows 98...
    The only letdown is that higher quality ones are still damn expensive in Canada, while we can get them for about $100 on Newegg.com.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231065

Canadian site: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...acture=G.SKILL

It's ridiculous. But if you want the same for half the price, check this out: http://www.tankguys.biz/product_info...5cef878de1d13a

Those Team's equip the very same Micron D9GMH chips the G.Skill uses and they're very good if you're looking to overclock. And by the way, C2Q Q6600 drops to $266 on July 22nd, it's a great choice if you aren't looking to upgrade for quite some time. The problem with the C2Q is that you'd want aftermarket cooling even when running at stock. I'm planning to cherry-pick one over the summer and leave it running 3.6Ghz 24/7.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

The only letdown is that higher quality ones are still damn expensive in Canada, while we can get them for about $100 on Newegg.com.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231065

Canadian site: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...acture=G.SKILL

It's ridiculous. But if you want the same for half the price, check this out: http://www.tankguys.biz/product_info...5cef878de1d13a

Those Team's equip the very same Micron D9GMH chips the G.Skill uses and they're very good if you're looking to overclock. And by the way, C2Q Q6600 drops to $266 on July 22nd, it's a great choice if you aren't looking to upgrade for quite some time. The problem with the C2Q is that you'd want aftermarket cooling even when running at stock. I'm planning to cherry-pick one over the summer and leave it running 3.6Ghz 24/7.
    I want to buy an aftermarket cooler for the CPU, but frankly I'm quite lost. All I know is that Zalman is a good brand. That's about it If you could tell me what you're actually planning to get, that would be great

Thanks for the memory tips, I'll look carefully before buying. So far I was heading toward this: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...141&CatId=2261

Sorry for hijacking the thread btw!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

mmmove the convo to the pc discussion thread

by the way david. I just bought a pair of that memory this week. Amazing stuff. I have 3GB's worth now

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    mmmove the convo to the pc discussion thread

by the way david. I just bought a pair of that memory this week. Amazing stuff. I have 3GB's worth now
    Nice to see they're worth it

Back on the subject about the game, I'm reading the review on GameSpot and they're saying the game has nothing to do with the Shadowrun license. Has anyone played another game of that series before? Even though they're quite old! I'm not totally sure about that PC vs. X360 thing. Like you said Cotterik the PC users have quite an advantage with the mouse and keyboard...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information