Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Toyota GT86 - OFFICIAL PICTURES & INFO

listen to the TRD exhaust clip it sounds terrible. can't have it all i suppose
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    listen to the TRD exhaust clip it sounds terrible. can't have it all i suppose
    Its a 4 cylinder. They all sound terrible. Best just not to make them too loud. lol.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

How would you like to pay $2500 for the privilege of buying this guy's pre-ordered BRZ?

Subaru BRZ 2013

This guy is unfortunately too short of breath to sell his properly. Still, for $9 I'd gladly help him out.

Subaru BRZ.. reserve yours today!
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

so these are responding very well to low boost turbo setups, and e-flex fuel.. looks like they nailed it all on the head, this car.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Good to hear, this. One gets the sensation that in terms of speed this will feel a lot like my Mazda (albeit a bit faster), in standard form, you have to work very fast to get it going and when you do you aren't going very fast...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

yeah, the shop that did the development work here showed with their kit that a customer's BRZ put 103rwkw, and the turbo alone upped that to 165rwkw.
    it has a fuel sensor, and when filled with E-flex that number jumped to 211rwkw..
    all at 7 psi i think, backed off to 5psi for long term testing with the owner.
    they added an exhaust to that and got 216rwkw, seems the standard exhaust is pretty good at it's job!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    so these are responding very well to low boost turbo setups, and e-flex fuel.. looks like they nailed it all on the head, this car.
    Is e-flex fuel a requirement in Australia?

It's stupid how the US government mandates a 10% ethanol blend in gasoline that must be made from corn.

It's fine when the weather is fine but supposedly the country is experiencing the worst drought since the Dust Bowl and gas prices are rising again.

Corn is for food, not for gasoline. It's amazing how much damage a couple lobbyists can do...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Is e-flex fuel a requirement in Australia?

It's stupid how the US government mandates a 10% ethanol blend in gasoline that must be made from corn.

It's fine when the weather is fine but supposedly the country is experiencing the worst drought since the Dust Bowl and gas prices are rising again.

Corn is for food, not for gasoline. It's amazing how much damage a couple lobbyists can do...
    nope, tuners just love it though.

91 RON is usually 10% ethanol here, but the 95 and 98 tend to remain untainted.

And yes, food crops are for food.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

A move is underfoot to make sorghum the next crop to be used for ethanol replacing corn. Nothing will change really, the program will still be dumb and politicians in the corn states where the sorghum can be grown will become hawks sorghum and the lobbyists will probably be the same ones. Sorghum is more resistant to drought and can grow more per acre. Currently it is mostly an animal feed plant.

The drought has pushed ethanol up 18% so far and I believe there's going to be a firestorm over the corn situation when several of these market dynamics converge. One thing that can be done without putting the ethanol producers out of business during the corn shortage is cut the blend back to 5% thereby also relaxing the renewable fuel mandate. The problem is the gov't will essentially be admitting the whole program was a bad idea. The Dept. of Agriculture was directed last week to buy a bunch of meat to try and keep food prices in check but I see that as a bandaid. When the shit hits the fan like I think it will the corn politicians will have to be dragged in kicking and screaming.

10% blend is not the mandate, it's the result of a mandate that requires 20% oil producers sell be a renewable fuel. 10% was to be a reasonable industry standard to help all producers meet the 20% mandate and also be realistic for the amount of ethanol that can be produced.

The FRS/BRZ/86 looks great in person IMO and if I didn't have my Nismo I'd prolly get one and turbo it. In stock form the motor really let's this car down.

Thread Information