Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari California (F149 & F149M) 2008-

Hot!!
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Luke warm.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

For some reason it reminds me of the TVR Tamora, especially the rear 3/4 and the profile.

Not bad, possibly the best looking current Ferrari. But for a Ferrari it still doesn't cut the mustard.

Oh and it's lacking four cylinders but that's another story...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The rear 1/4 shot looks like the TVR with the stacking exhaust, the profile looks decent. But the front looks pretty meh for a Ferrari. I especially don't like the lines on the side when view from the front 1/4....way too busy...btw, is this basically a Maser Gran Turismo in Ferrari cloth?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    btw, is this basically a Maser Gran Turismo in Ferrari cloth?
    Can't be, can it? The current Gran Turismo is a pretty huge car, much bigger than this judging from the pictures.

Also, just read the press release properly for the first time.

Folding hardtop = fail.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

This car is not made for the hardcore enthusiasts like most of us at UCP.

It's made essentially for a new segment of buyers(for Ferrari)...like mid to upper level Mercedes customers etc.

It wll probably hit the mark, and Ferrari is counting on it.

Actually I am thinking this might be closer to Alfa 8C than Maser....V8, compact-ish, FR layout.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

this is a ferrari
    as nice as the 430 is and the 360
    this is ferrari
    i hope they ave a fixed hard top however, i don't like convertibles...

Not a fan of this one. What are Pininfarina doing recently?? Recent Ferraris haven't photographed too well and it seems this one is no different. Rear end looks like a TVR Tamora but gone wrong... I don't like the lower section of the bumper or the tacky exhausts and the shut-line between the bumper and 3/4 panel looks really awful. The side profile is nice and shows the car has decent proportions but the rear end is heavy set and that over-the-top swage line only accentuates that effect. Front end is generic and the detailing all over the car is very nasty... I can't wait to see one in the metal as it will hopefully look better than in these shots... I guess even the 612 has grown on me so I'm hopeful!

like a Z4, some bulges and valleys where there should be clean lines, but then again, if there would be clean lines, people would say it looks so common....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Can't be, can it? The current Gran Turismo is a pretty huge car, much bigger than this judging from the pictures.
    Could be the SWB version used by the Alfa 8C, altough I think it's not the case.

Maserati is supposed to be getting their own 2 seater sportscar based on the SWB M139 platform sometime in the future.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The word on the grapevine is that it's an entirely new car and aside from a few odds and ends in the engine management it shares nothing with the Maserati GT or Alfa 8C.

I suspect the pictures do not do the car justice, much like the original photographs of the 599, and once new pictures (not in red) appear, it will look much better.

Finally, here's to hoping that a coupe version soon appears.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    The word on the grapevine is that it's an entirely new car and aside from a few odds and ends in the engine management it shares nothing with the Maserati GT or Alfa 8C.
    both Maserati and 8C are not made of aluminium.

I suspect the pictures do not do the car justice, much like the original photographs of the 599, and once new pictures (not in red) appear, it will look much better.
    i thought the same, i used to dislike the 599 first photochopped pics, but then it turned out to be my favourite ferrari of the current line up.

Finally, here's to hoping that a coupe version soon appears.
    a coupe version will never exist, for sure, there isn't such a project in ferrari's offices. and i don't feel the need for another ferrari coupe, i am waiting for the new 612, but we have to wait a lot...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

after perusing over the images for a while I still think that overall it's a lovely piece of design but a few bits just don't quite fit, like the side vents for example, look far too fussy and just not Ferrari-esque. The bonnet vent also doesn't seem to fit in with the lines of the car. And as usual it seems for Ferrari they have fitted rather ugly looking wing mirrors. As a whole though, I would still hit it harder than Danica Patrick hit that guy in the pit lane
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Dantera22B View Post
    after perusing over the images for a while I still think that overall it's a lovely piece of design but a few bits just don't quite fit, like the side vents for example, look far too fussy and just not Ferrari-esque. The bonnet vent also doesn't seem to fit in with the lines of the car. And as usual it seems for Ferrari they have fitted rather ugly looking wing mirrors. As a whole though, I would still hit it harder than Danica Patrick hit that guy in the pit lane
    But I assume you'd still hit Danica Patrick harder than anything else?
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Thread Information