Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Mustang (6th gen) 2014-

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ford Mustang (6th gen) 2014-

FORD REVEALS NEW MUSTANG

• Ford Motor Company Executive Chairman Bill Ford introduces new Mustang for Europe, the first Mustang to go on sale in the region after almost 50 years of production
    • New Ford Mustang fastback and convertible models promise world-class levels of performance and refinement; sleek design retaining classic Mustang key design elements
    • New Mustang will deliver power of choice in Europe, from 5.0-litre V8 engine to the all-new fuel-efficient 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine. State-of-the-art suspension is optimised to deliver world-class handling, precise steering control and ride comfort; innovative technology for enhanced control and connectivity

BARCELONA, Spain, 5 December, 2013 – Ford Motor Company today unveiled the new Ford Mustang – the first Mustang ever to go on sale in Europe in almost 50 years of production.

Executive Chairman Bill Ford introduced the new Mustang at Ford’s special “Go Further” event to an audience of around 2,500 journalists, dealers and employees, in Barcelona, Spain – one of six cities across four continents where the new Mustang was simultaneously revealed.

The new Ford Mustang fastback and convertible models promise world-class levels of performance and refinement while embracing the Mustang’s half-century of heritage and status as a global icon.

“Ford Mustang inspires passion like no other car,” said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, Global Product Development. “The visceral look, sound and performance of Mustang resonate with people, even if they’ve never driven one. Mustang is definitely more than just a car – it is the heart and soul of Ford.”

More than 9 million Mustangs have been sold since it was first launched in 1964. The world’s most-liked vehicle on Facebook, Mustang has made thousands of appearances in film, television, music and video games, and is one of 25 new vehicles that Ford will launch in Europe in the next five years.

“The Mustang’s formidable reputation for performance and its iconic status as a symbol of freedom and optimism precedes it even in those parts of the world where the car has never been sold,” said Stephen Odell, Ford executive vice president, Europe, Middle East and Africa. “The new Mustang epitomises Ford’s aggressive product acceleration; technologically advanced and forward-looking, but without forgetting the heritage that has inspired Ford customers for generations.”

The new Mustang has been developed with world-class performance, driving dynamics and usability in mind – and includes a significant amount of advanced driver convenience and driver aid technologies.

“The new Mustang is one of the most hotly anticipated cars ever, we are very excited to now give drivers in Europe the opportunity to experience the real thing,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe.

Mustang past and future

2014 Ford Mustang GT - UCP Specifications and Information
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 08-23-2019 at 11:22 PM.

I kind of like it. The 5th surely had it's charm, and although this one is smaller and a bit more rounded, it's still aggressive. Just like a mustang should be.
    Last edited by Duell; 12-05-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: more pictures

Mustang VI #3

It looks pretty sleek I must say! I wish they would've gone even more extreme with a futuristic look; but I must say I think this look satisfies all parties (old and new Mustang fans alike).

I wish they would stop satisfying the old mustang fans. It looks like a facelift from the outside. That said, independent rear suspension in a mustang? Its about time.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    I wish they would stop satisfying the old mustang fans. It looks like a facelift from the outside. That said, independent rear suspension in a mustang? Its about time.
    I agree. This retro style has been around since what, 2005?

It's not a bad looking car, the styling just looks so tired. Just because the Camaro is still retro styled doesn't mean you need to stay retro.

It looks good, but in a boring way. Not something I'd look for in a sports car.

I'd happily take a C7 Corvette over this.

I can see why they'd appeal to the older generation though- they're the retirees who have money and can spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    blah blah blah blah I'm a communist
    QFT.

This is the car I want of the cars that are made now.

I want to do a giant burnout from my house down the 401 to upstate NY, through NYC to Los Angeles, then magically transmograportify to the Moon and say "'Murica: it's whose flag is on this rock."

This is all that is good with America; all that is good with cars dare I say. A V8, a low price, amazing looks, and what I assume will be spectacular performance and fun to drive-edness and noise. This is what North America was built on. Giant roads, independent freedom, making out with your girlfriend in the backseat, and punching the member of the opposing hockey club in the face... With your stick. If you were Tim Horton, you would crash and die in your Pantera GT5 (with requiste 351) on the QEW after a game high on about 7 different drugs used to kill pain and trip out.

Soviets, do not apply. I now want to watch the '72 Summit Series and '80 Miracle on ice and tear up watching Neil land on the Moon, which was 5 years after the Mustang debuted.

There are icons in the automotive world, and then there are cars like this and the 911 and the Corvette. This isht actually gets mainstream traction.

It is bad to be the neighbors of you loud people down south for so many reasons, but every once and a while, crap makes this makes us be able to tolerate you and actually realize why we help each other so much.

#rant #freedom #openroads #trafficjams

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    QFT.

This is the car I want of the cars that are made now.

I want to do a giant burnout from my house down the 401 to upstate NY, through NYC to Los Angeles, then magically transmograportify to the Moon and say "'Murica: it's whose flag is on this rock."

This is all that is good with America; all that is good with cars dare I say. A V8, a low price, amazing looks, and what I assume will be spectacular performance and fun to drive-edness and noise. This is what North America was built on. Giant roads, independent freedom, making out with your girlfriend in the backseat, and punching the member of the opposing hockey club in the face... With your stick. If you were Tim Horton, you would crash and die in your Pantera GT5 (with requiste 351) on the QEW after a game high on about 7 different drugs used to kill pain and trip out.

Soviets, do not apply. I now want to watch the '72 Summit Series and '80 Miracle on ice and tear up watching Neil land on the Moon, which was 5 years after the Mustang debuted.

There are icons in the automotive world, and then there are cars like this and the 911 and the Corvette. This isht actually gets mainstream traction.

It is bad to be the neighbors of you loud people down south for so many reasons, but every once and a while, crap makes this makes us be able to tolerate you and actually realize why we help each other so much.

#rant #freedom #openroads #trafficjams
    Yes to all.

We need more V8s.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Some angles look great and others still remind me of an Accord Coupe, especially that side profile, yeesh

The Accord Coupe looks great!

There ain't in thing wrong with 4s and 6s given they are in the proper configuration and are "well sorted" as the Brits might say, but a big V8 is more rare and with clever design can return good mileage.

There ain't in thing wrong with 4s and 6s given they are in the proper configuration and are "well sorted" as the Brits might say, but a big V8 is more rare and with clever design can return good mileage.
    Don't be fooled; fuel consumption will be nothing short of abysmal, but charismatic engine would make up for it, somewhat at least...
    Visca Catalunya!

On a big-ass North American highway it may be acceptable...

On a big-ass North American highway it may be acceptable...
    When you've got a big V8 geared tall anything can happen. Corvette drivers don't have much difficulty getting 30 Ms from each G on long hauls. Though, admittedly, the aerodynamicist who designed the Mustang and Camaro was probably the same guy consulted on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, so their mileage will vary. The Corvette, being a little lighter and a lot slipperier, is bound to get better mileage, but it shows how well you can do when your engine is spinning only two thousand times a minute at 100mph or 1,600 rpm at 80mph.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    When you've got a big V8 geared tall anything can happen. Corvette drivers don't have much difficulty getting 30 Ms from each G on long hauls. Though, admittedly, the aerodynamicist who designed the Mustang and Camaro was probably the same guy consulted on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, so their mileage will vary. The Corvette, being a little lighter and a lot slipperier, is bound to get better mileage, but it shows how well you can do when your engine is spinning only two thousand times a minute at 100mph or 1,600 rpm at 80mph.
    30mpg is good (is about what I get with the Mazda when I do not concentrate), but I doubt the pony cars will get that. Not only because of aerodynamics, but weight too.

Also, we have hills and corners, which do not help.

(This is the Eix Transversal, on which I drive often)

But most of all, especially in Europe, you are not going to buy a V8 sporty car only to do 80mph in sixth.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information