Thread: Novel Adventures -- Saturn + CBS

Novel Adventures -- Saturn + CBS

It's always nice to see alternative ways of showing off cars, and Saturn is getting creative about their marketing. Along with CBS, they are doing this web series that's actually quite clever, about a group of women who get bored with their book club and go out (driving their Saturn) to live various adventures based on the books, rather than just talk about them. The latest episode involved a CSI set visit, which is awesome... I would love to hit up my favorite shows' sets. There are three episodes out total, right now, which you can catch here:

Novel Adventures: A CBS Web Original Driven by Saturn

I'm hoping this is something that will stick, become a new trend. I'd much rather watch this than a bunch of commercials!

Web Shows are the wave of the future. So is product placement inside TV shows like this, it's an effort to get around people who have DVRs and fast forward commercials.

I think it's a good "wave" of the future. I like the format, it's entertaining -- and if I'm choosing to watch it, then it's not like having something I want to watch interrupted by a commercial, it actually IS the thing I'm choosing to watch, if that makes sense. I do DVR things and fast forward... but now and then there are ads I like to watch just because they're enjoyable. So I like it when companies work on finding other ways to appeal to consumers. Plus I just like the characters in this little story.

Thread Information