Thread: 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV

1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV

in my opinion this car is underestimated. it is never talked about. i think it a wonder you have to remeber this car was one of lambroghini's first exotics.
    it was out before the countach and the diablo. what is you're guys opinion do you believe it is underestimated?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

I think its it kind of underestimated. Too little know. It is a truley beutifull car, i have seen one( or maybe a kit) at a show, and its amazing. Didnt it have the horizontally mounted mid egine v12?
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

ya it has the V12, which pumps out 385 hp. pretty impressive for a ar built in 1971

It certainly is NOT underestimated as an important exotic as far as design, and yes for it's era the transverse V12 midengine layout was radical.

As far as a supercar, not very good, the drivetrain was not ideal for high speed cornering etc. Top speed was over 170mph and it was the fastest car as far as top speed for a few years.

it may not have been underestimated then but i think it now, nobody ever talks about. not even in the classic forums. not in any magazines. i think it's undeestimated these days.

People have talked and talked about it, there's not that much left to say anymore. It's beautiful, revolutionary and flawed. The carbies used to occationally spit fuel onto the nice hot engine, and the fuel tank was over the front wheels, so as it got emtpy, the front lifted up.

Quote Originally Posted by manik_890
    it may not have been underestimated then but i think it now, nobody ever talks about. not even in the classic forums. not in any magazines. i think it's undeestimated these days.

I don't think it really is underestimated. Is a car well know and usually mentioned as mark in supercar history. Not perfect though as it used to get airborned very frequently because of it's nose shape.
    This car sounds soo violently sweet!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

This year is the 40th anniversary of the Miura and it will be featured at the Concorso Italiano this year.

Concorso Italiano 2005

maybe it´s a bit underestimated, but what do you expect with people who only know to talk about fords and volkswagens (not this forum, but I knew a few...). People don´t know nothing about good cars....
    Live and let die

I dont know performance wise, but the sound the looks and everything makes it for me the coolest car from that time...

Thread Information