Thread: Sales figures, 360 . PS3 . Wii

Sales figures, 360 . PS3 . Wii

http://www.nexgenwars.com/

You know, even if the figures really are estimates, and are out, it really is ironic that Ebay whores are out there sellling the consoles for so much, both PS3 and Wii. The sales figures should really be seen in a few months time when things have settled and sales steady for both the PS3 and Wii. Saying that, wow, Sony, you're being handed some hardcore owning.

Perhaps something i have been wishing for has finally arrived? An era where gamers treasure gameplay over graphics and play games for what they are, entertainment. By gawd..have people woke up??

Suprise suprise, researching the reviews of launch titles for both consoles and I wasn't suprised that Nintendo offered a much better lineup than sony, the difference in average scores are ridiculous, with Zelda really giving Nintendo the upperhand.

Go the Wii
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Maybe Wii sold more units... Because there were more of them available.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs

There were more units shipped yes, and Sony cut down the units they sent to NA, etc., however reading fanboy reactions and watching it is simply hillarious

Again, im confident that Wii will sell very strong, cheap price, better games and proper backwards compatibility will be strong selling points.

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_

Again, im confident that Wii will sell very strong, cheap price, better games and proper backwards compatibility will be strong selling points.
    i dont see the wii backwards compatibility as being a strong selling point, if anything its the remote

most poeple that desire to play nes, snes, and even 64 games probably already know and use emulators out there for psp, PS2, xbox, and PC
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I thought a very large part of the past nintendo library was available for the Wii, hence the backwards compatibility being a marginally good selling point.

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    and the fact that they cost less probably had somethign to do with it as well
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    I thought a very large part of the past nintendo library was available for the Wii, hence the backwards compatibility being a marginally good selling point.
    How does the backwards compatibility on the Wii work? Does it have cartridge slot?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I know it had GameCube controller ports.

I just see the Wii has something that'll be a GameCube. It'll be an ok system, but stay in the light of the PS3 and X360 has the first year passes and shows what Sony and MS is offering.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

If the Wii and PS3 launched with equal numbers heading to stores, I might actually care about sales figures.

Those sales numbers on that site scream out bullshit to me. The PS3 was supposed to launch with around 400,000 in the US. And then there was Japan with 80,000 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Think about it, if the launch numbers I'm going by are correct, then the PS3 should have over 400,000 sales. Considering it has sold out in Japan, AND the US. If that site is anywhere near correct in their estimates, that would mean that only 264,000 PS3s were split between Japan and America. I'm sure it was more than that.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    How does the backwards compatibility on the Wii work? Does it have cartridge slot?
    invisible slot underneath it

aparently a plethora of games will be available to download via Wii's own live network.

The sales figures are from "sources" that they won't state, however im looking into how many units were released to NA, Asia etc.

Im no fanboy, nor extreme gamer, but there are some insanely smart people over at gamespy that ill give a holla to about this, don't be suprised, there ARE smart gamers out there

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    If the Wii and PS3 launched with equal numbers heading to stores, I might actually care about sales figures.

Those sales numbers on that site scream out bullshit to me. The PS3 was supposed to launch with around 400,000 in the US. And then there was Japan with 80,000 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Think about it, if the launch numbers I'm going by are correct, then the PS3 should have over 400,000 sales. Considering it has sold out in Japan, AND the US. If that site is anywhere near correct in their estimates, that would mean that only 264,000 PS3s were split between Japan and America. I'm sure it was more than that.
    actually there were something like 125,000 PS3's in the USA total, so its pretty close

the rest of the 400,000 is "supposed" to come out before Christmas
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information