Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: at least 1 person in the netherlands has some balls...

Yes Egg, I was being an asshole on purpose, and you said it very correctly....''There's no excuse for labeling a class of people according to their worst examples''. `ol chickenmilker says " Good for him,`least someone's got the balls" and you call one guy(because of the way sooooo many bible beaters behave) a ''Total Moron'' based on the fact that he states he's from GodsCountry USA,and in doing so you singled him out. Now, this schmuck in the Netherlands is going to catch all bloody hell for making a 10 minute short on how bad some of these extremists pieces of shit brutalize women, where's that scope of humanity!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ABOVE ALL....It was a demonstration of how ****ing stoooopid it is for people to be sooooo outraged over a little insignificant comment....like .....say........a picture of an Arab with a turbin-bomb, claiming he is supposed to be Mohamed,when he wasn't.........or........wanting a teacher beheaded for allowing her Muslim students to name the class teddy bear Mohamed( is it Mu- or is it Mo-?)......or.......violently gang raping,beating then blaming and threatening to jail a woman because she was riding in car with someone she was not related to. Yea, what self-righteous bigots we are. I AM Sorry Nog,and everybody else, I just had to say it.

ahhh..Idiot's always stick together.....hey Redneck Rooster......lol
    do yourself a favour Roosterjuicer.....first stop ogling your sister...then read a translated version of the Quran....Islam is not a religion....it's a way of life....& Osama & the rest of the terrorist don't represent Islam....CNN might say they do but they don't....the same way Bush's holy war doesn't represent the Christian faith....
    Fo' Shizzle ...My Nizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Cody302 View Post
    Yes Egg, I was being an asshole on purpose, and you said it very correctly....''There's no excuse for labeling a class of people according to their worst examples''. `ol chickenmilker says " Good for him,`least someone's got the balls" and you call one guy(because of the way sooooo many bible beaters behave) a ''Total Moron'' based on the fact that he states he's from GodsCountry USA,and in doing so you singled him out. [etc]
    I am not singling out the author in particular, I am singling out the class of people who he is a part of. People who judge the whole of a particular class of people based on several extreme examples. If it makes you feel any better or helps you understand me, I am by no means pro-Islam or anti-Christian. I am anti-bigot, and there are examples of those on every side of the picture.

My voice is critical but reactionary - I'm not going to start a fight, but I'll definitely get on someone's case for starting one. This is why, yeah, I can be a jerk--but I'm only a jerk to people who have shown themselves to be jerks. So I'm not technically a bigot.

There are scumbags from all religions and walks of life that commit horrible atrocities.

And please--structure and punctuation are wonderful things.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 12-12-2007 at 12:55 AM.

Mr. Wilders is simply treating the Muslims in a similar way as Hilter once did to the Jews. Mr. Wilders claims he follows his democratic rights as he has been supported by 6% of the voters. Also Hitler got his power in a democratic base.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Has he forgotten about the crusades? The various forms of holy war waged in the name of Christianity leading to today's war in Iraq (Bush said God told him to do it, and quite a few say shit about how we should spread Christianity)
    The crusades where carried out by non-believing drunk nights and ordered by a confused pope. Not what i call chritianity! SAme with Iraq/Afghanistan/Northern Irelnad...its all politics! Many Islamic states apparently look on an average secular western country and assume thats how christians live...thats mislead. In the same way we look on islamic extremists and assume thats normal...thats screwed up too. Im with Eggnog, we need to look beyond predjudices and assumptions and look at human beings.

If christianity focuses on the inherent sin and infailibilty of man then surely we should take Bush's words with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by nizaam View Post
    ahhh..Idiot's always stick together.....hey Redneck Rooster......lol
    do yourself a favour Roosterjuicer.....first stop ogling your sister...then read a translated version of the Quran....Islam is not a religion....it's a way of life....& Osama & the rest of the terrorist don't represent Islam....CNN might say they do but they don't....the same way Bush's holy war doesn't represent the Christian faith....
    well that mostly explains my issue with rooster too
    Last edited by jediali; 12-12-2007 at 03:25 AM.
    autozine.org

Wilders' popularity is closely related to the number of threats are made to his live. So for him its imperative to make these claims and movies.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Mr. Wilders is simply treating the Muslims in a similar way as Hilter once did to the Jews. Mr. Wilders claims he follows his democratic rights as he has been supported by 6% of the voters. Also Hitler got his power in a democratic base.
    The main problem is a conbination of his shouting and the changing media. They print out every remark it makes even when it's about a marshmallow. Offcourse the guy has his right of free speech, but not beyond that thin line of criticism / insult.

In The Netherlands many people support him, because he does call the beast by it's name. However he never came with any plan/idea/proposal to actually solve this problem, he noticed. IMO this is very wrong and the late Pim Fortuijn actually did do this, before he was shot and killed.

Most part of his supports are narrow-minded people from the provinces. Not from the city, where most of the problems occur. Anyone with a little brains should see his way of doing politics is nothing but a popularity contest.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    In The Netherlands many people support him, because he does call the beast by it's name.
    It might not be helpful to literally translate a Dutch expression into English. I do not remember Wilders having actually called Muslims "beasts", although he may secretively think so.
    His appeal for freedom of speech was greatly compromised by his own appeal to forbid the Koran...

and that he finds a willing ear with a news station that has "stars" like S. Hannity and B. 'O Reilly does not surprise me at all.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Offcourse the guy has his right of free speech, but not beyond that thin line of criticism / insult.
    Here you make a fundamental mistake. He should be allowed to say anything he wants. It's really the problem of other people if some expressions are insulting to them. You can say whatever you want to me and it will not insult me. That's because I don't take you or anyone who'd attempt to insult me seriously. That's what people should do with Wilders' comments; not take them seriously. However because a large majority of our inhabitants are quickly insulted, it is impossible to say things. Wilders knows this, just as everybody knows that you should not run around Rotterdam in an Ajax shirt. There might be a problem here, but Wilders' approach only makes it worse.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Bluntly - the guys a media-whore.

Only someone who stirs trouble for a living could make such a bru-ha-ha over a film that hasn't even been made yet.

Someone call media beat up?

He's more than allowed to make his point - however....different it is. I agree that we need to keep values close to our hearts - values of openness and understanding, not just tolerance - but blind hatred just puts him on the other end of the scale to the 1% of those who claim they are muslim and give the other 99% of the law-abiding, god-fearing and family loving group a bad name.

If the shoe were on the other foot, and the general dutch public were judged by this man, how unfair would that be?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

First of all...egg nog...There's no need for name calling. I have never once on this website called anyone a moron or an idiot, and inbreeder, or anything like that just because I disagree with what they are saying and even if you think I or someone else is a moron why wont you just adress the issue in a mature and logical manner rather than resorting to name calling.

Secondly, I am not a bigot. I do not think that all muslims are evil people or terrorists or anything like that, and I have never once said that I think that.

However, at the same time I do believe that there is a minor (not insignificant) portion of Islam that have it out for western society. To deny their existance for the sake of political correctness or naive overtolerance is a mistake. When there are people crashing planes into buildings, rioting in france, opressing women, demanding death for the naming of a teddy bear, or thousands of people are dancing in the streets saying death to an entire country because of a political cartoon I think there is a problem. While I know that islam is a "religion of peace" (like most religions) its also obvious that the minority of extremeists are behind the wheel right now and steering the religion and the region down a bad road because the silent majority of good muslims just sit by idly due to fear, and other reasons. And most people are too scared of being called a bigot, moron, idiot, or inbread to call it like it is.

Im not saying I completely agree with every thing this politician is saying, but what I am saying is that I like the fact that he is saying it.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Im not saying I completely agree with every thing this politician is saying, but what I am saying is that I like the fact that he is saying it.
    we don't, also because we are spending already years of taxpayer's money for his protection.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He should be entitled to his without having to worry about being assassinated. Wasn't some other politician in the netherlands assassinated not too long ago?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    However, at the same time I do believe that there is a minor (not insignificant) portion of Islam that have it out for western society. To deny their existance for the sake of political correctness or naive overtolerance is a mistake. When there are people crashing planes into buildings, rioting in france, opressing women, demanding death for the naming of a teddy bear, or thousands of people are dancing in the streets saying death to an entire country because of a political cartoon I think there is a problem. While I know that islam is a "religion of peace" (like most religions) its also obvious that the minority of extremeists are behind the wheel right now and steering the religion and the region down a bad road because the silent majority of good muslims just sit by idly due to fear, and other reasons. And most people are too scared of being called a bigot, moron, idiot, or inbread to call it like it is.
    Who or what is to blame then? The book that's open to wide interpretation, or the idiots that interpret it in the most vile of ways?
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 12-12-2007 at 08:07 AM.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Who or what is to blame them? The book that's open to wide interpretation, or the idiots that interpret it in the most vile of ways?
    My vote goes to the idiots
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Thread Information