Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TVR Pre-Production TVR Sagaris

think of the lucky japanese (yes..not european) who would get 19,603,229,410 yen
    autozine.org

Woah, your Dad had THE coolest job in the world! This different rear-end sounds interesting. I also remember some TV programme, I think it was called 'The Heist'. This team had to hi-jack this truck transporting a Sagaris and hide it in some warehouse whilst this security expert had to try and get one step ahead.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

The Heist - yea Dad was involved in that, but he wasnt allowed to tell the driver about it to make it more realistic. Thing is after he had been "kidnapped" and released and found the Sag was gone, he had to phone Dad. Dad had to keep a straight face but couldnt, after re-assuring the driver it was all a set up, well the phone nearly melted due to the language

I now have some pics, and a short vid of the start up sequence. I will upload the vid to YouTube and post a link on here if anyone is interested. Its only about 20 seconds long though, I wasnt going to rev Candy too hard as she was stone cold.

Claire

More Pics

Ok more pics, I also have (as said in the previous post) a short vid of the start up sequence for the Sag, if anyone is interested let me know and I will bung it on YouTube and post a link here.

1st Pic - the day I picked her up from the dealers
    2nd - Rear end, minus the rear diffuser as its gone away for repair/repainting
    3rd - Front, the view most people panic about before they move over (quickly)
    4th - Vents on the wings, these are cut out unlike on the Production cars
    5th - Says it all (ignore my reflection)
    6th - this egg-nogggy thing.

Hope you like them.

Claire

PS..thats my Blue Boxster getting in on a couple of the shots :laugh:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gaffer; 02-07-2008 at 12:57 PM.

A couple more...

Here is Daisy, my Chimaera 450 RV8 (its a 4.5L Rover V8)

and the dials on Candy.

Claire
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's so cool, so I take it that your car was the one featured in the show?
    Hell yes upload to Youtube!! haha, I made the mistake of revving my Dad's engine from cold for Youtube... So you've 3 cars? Chimaera 450, Prototype Sagaris AND a Boxter2.7. What on earth do you do for work!?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

No, that was a grey one, subsequently smashed up.

YouTube - TVR Pre-Production Prototype Sagaris Startup Sequence

Need sound BTW

The Boxster is going soon, just a winter car, I fancied heated seats this year LOL Work...? you can find me shivering on a street corner nah I am a contractor in Project Management.

The cerb on the other vid is the other halfs and it was filmed as it says in the Swiss Alps, he had to hold me at one point as I nearly fell out the window.

Claire

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    The Boxster is going soon, just a winter car, I fancied heated seats this year LOL
    first time ive seen boxter reffered to as a winter car
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I think it was called 'The Heist'.
    I'd love to see that again; unfortunately it hasn't been repeated on terrestrial TV and I'm wondering why - after all it was a very good programme (the whole series).

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    My point was that people thought they where difficult to own because they didnt look after them. I can understand your point that they require a different understanding and that good maintainace = good engine ownership experience.
    Yeah, that was also another point I was trying to get across. It's like me buying a tiger and then complaining that it tries to bite me and costs more to keep than a domestic cat - ridiculous.

Thanks..my eyeballs fell out and i couldnt read her post.
    Oh dear; someone forgot to take their civility pills this morning!

Yep Tom..that post did come out the toolbox. Besides as JC says "it says here it has a top speed of 20mph...no it doesnt!"
    You say Tom's words came from the toolbox, then you quote Clarkson? Lmao! Nice one.

...for those who own them and honestly intend to buy them...you deserve kudus! I can respect that but i feel i would need significant disposable income to commit.
    Thanks, and yes: I'm serious. If there's one material thing I want in life, besides the house it's a TVR. I realise the gravity of what I'm saying but consider that a Cerbera now costs as little as an Astra - the same will probably happen with the Tuscan, and that timing should coincide with a period in my life where I do have the finances to "go for it".

But you like vauxhalls?!?! im confused

Need I go on?

I have a habbit of puting my car in 1st gear when exiting (started when i had a fiesta that would roll of a spirit level) so i am always concious to remind people that i have done this otherwise they get a nasty shock when they start a car ive been in.
    Yeah. I put mine in first if it's facing uphill and reverse if facing downhill. Although no-one else drives my car, my parents do have to move it around on the driveway from time to time - but they do the same as me so it's no problem. The only time when I don't leave my car in gear is if I take it to the dealership (wouldn't want them having any (more) accidents now, would we?) and whenever I go to drive a car, I ALWAYS check (sometimes more than once) whether it's in neutral or not and always step on both brake and clutch when starting the engine regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by #3 Tasman Bloke View Post
    So Clivey has a TVR AND a Citroen C4? That's confusing to say the least!
    OK...to clarify:

I currently drive a Citroen C4 Coupe (which is the only car I own), and in the future hope to be able to afford a TVR Tuscan S.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Need I go on?
    That's cheating a bit.

Two are Lotuses, and there two others aren't exactly the standard versions.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Clivey, Cerbs are not outrageously expensive to run, the AJP is a V8, yes its slightly more than a RV8 to run but not as bad as the SP6.

The SP6 is a true race engine and so needs nurturing till it gets to optimum working temperature then you can unless hell.....

My garage looks after a LOT of peoples TVR's, Dad confirmed before letting me go there that the work was of a very high standard.

A 12K service for all TVR's is £385 (-VAT) that included 8 hours for setting the tappets on the AJP & SP6 cars.

So..the biggest expense you will have is Petrol as even going to the supermarket is a 200 mile round trip

let me know if you want to meet up somewhere - I am in Manchester/Cheshire but can drive the Saggy somewhere in the middle if you want.

Claire

A 12K service for all TVR's is £385 (-VAT) that included 8 hours for setting the tappets on the AJP & SP6 cars.

So..the biggest expense you will have is Petrol as even going to the supermarket is a 200 mile round trip
    That's good...that's very, very good! I've been keeping an eye on Autotrader, Pistonheads (same username as here BTW) etc. and have seen nice Mk1 Tuscan S's going for as little as £18k - I realise to get a "good" one you proabably want to spend half as much again but still...it's a bargain if you have the cash!

let me know if you want to meet up somewhere - I am in Manchester/Cheshire but can drive the Saggy somewhere in the middle if you want.
    I'm definitely going to have to take you up on that; I assume you're quite a busy person though so just PM me or something when you have the time.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Thread Information