Thread: Green machines, Spanish supercar, a Duesey and a beautiful Chevron racer ...

Green machines, Spanish supercar, a Duesey and a beautiful Chevron racer ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

It is probably not surprising that one of the leading manufacturers of Electric Vehicles is based in California's Silicon Valley. Having built over 300 Roadsters to date, Tesla have now released the first details of a second model. Known as the Model S, it marks the company's expansion into the family car market. Very pleasing to the eye, the Model S is also kind on the environment and cheap to use. At a base price of $50,000, it is not cheap to purchase but extensive use should more than make up for that. Sadly we have to wait a further two years before the car will hit the showroom floors. Unlikely to be ever seen in a showroom is the Mercedes-Benz F-Cell Roadster Concept. Created by trainees and students, the funky two seater combines the basic design and layout of the 1886 Benz with a state-of-the-art fuel cell engine and cues from modern Formula 1 cars. Hyundai is also going green at the upcoming Seoul Motor Show with this Blue-Will Concept. It features a hybrid drive train that includes a brand new direct-injected petrol engine.
    One of Spain's most successful racing car manufacturers of recent years, GTA Motor, will now enter the supercar world. Temporarily known as the GTA Concept, the mid-engined coupe will be powered by a 720 bhp V10 engine. Full details, including the name, will be revealed towards the end of April.
    At the recent Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance American coachbuilder Bohman & Schwartz was extensively featured. Winning the special Bohman & Schwartz class was this very elegant Duesenberg SJ Convertible Coupe. You can expect our full Amelia Island report with a packed 300-shot gallery in the next few days.
    This weekend the 2009 Le Mans Series will kick off at the Catalunya Circuit near Barcelona, Spain. One of the main support races is once again the Classic Endurance Racing (CER) one-hour enduro. One of the cars to line up is this Chevron B31 Hart. We will be at the track the whole weekend and will publish a detailed report early next week.

Enjoy the links:

2009 Chevrolet C6 Corvette GT1 Championship Edition - Images, Specifications and Information

1975 Chevron B31 Hart - Images, Specifications and Information

1935 Duesenberg SJ Bohman & Schwartz Convertible Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 GTA Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Hyundai Blue-Will Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Mazda RX-8 SP - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Mercedes-Benz F-Cell Roadster Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Tesla Model S - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Great update as always.
    BTW, the Hyundai is listed as being South African.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Great update as always.
    BTW, the Hyundai is listed as being South African.
    Thanks, fixed.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

That Hyundai Blue-Will Concept design looks interesting from the front.

I guess even you, Wouter, don't have an idea on how the Tesla seats 7 passengers.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I guess even you, Wouter, don't have an idea on how the Tesla seats 7 passengers.
    Depends on the size of the passengers, I suppose.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Depends on the size of the passengers, I suppose.
    I don't think Chinese acrobats/contortionists are an accurate gauge for measuring seating capacity.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I don't think Chinese acrobats/contortionists are an accurate gauge for measuring seating capacity.
    Neither are the average 300 pounders from the USA
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information