Thread: busted Chery....

busted Chery....

HOLDEN'S Cruze hatch and Hyundai's i40 Tourer passed their safety tests but a Chinese import has fared badly.
    The latest Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) crash test gave the Chinese Chery J11 compact SUV a two-star rating - but a zero rating for pedestrian safety.
    ANCAP deemed the Chery J11's front end "is not friendly to pedestrians and other vulnerable road users".
    ANCAP chairman Lauchlan McIntosh said the Chery J11 had been scheduled for a side impact test but this was delayed after a recall for the SUV's side impact protection.
    Mr McIntosh also said the SUV demonstrated poor protection for the driver from serious chest, leg and foot injury.
    The test showed the Chery J11 scored 2 out of 16 in the offset front crash test, which caused the passenger compartment to lose structural integrity and resulted in excessive pedal displacement.
    Chery spokesman Daniel Cotterill said the company was "surprised and disappointed" at the J11's crash test result, given the company's internal test results.
    "We were of the view that the J11 would do better than it did - it does, however, still comply with Australian design rules," he said.
    "Work is already under way to improve the J11. It could take some time - even though the Chinese move quickly on these matters."
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/chines...-1226159566784

I’m not sure what to make of this. Such a low score yet it complies “with Australian design rules”. ??
    I’m hardly running out to buy one I guess. I suppose there was a time when Daewoo, Hyundai etc were pretty much the same. Now the i40 scores 5 out of 5!!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

"design rules" will be about where the bumpers are and lights etc.
    Most likely will not set a minimum for crash survival
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Australian Design Rules (ADRs) are national standards for vehicle safety, anti-theft and emissions. The ADRs are generally performance based and cover issues such as occupant protection, structures, lighting, noise, engine exhaust emissions, braking and a range of miscellaneous items.

Australian Design Rules

As I said it is a bit perplexing.

crisis there was a recall a few weeks back for chery vehicles, some safety device not working
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah strange response from them crisis. ADR73 clearly states the acceptable norms we see over here and it isnt' anywhere near meeting
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    crisis there was a recall a few weeks back for chery vehicles, some safety device not working
    LOL, indeed. A direct response to the test!

Product description Chery J11 vehicles
    Identifying features Recall Campaign CH1109
    Target: 1664 vehicles
    What are the hazards? The side impact capabilities of the vehicle may not adequately protect the occupants in the event of an accident.
    What are the defects? In the event of a side impact, the vehicle may not perform to the manufacturer's required specifications

So much for “"We were of the view that the J11 would do better than it did - it does, however, still comply with Australian design rules," he said.
    "Work is already under way to improve the J11. It could take some time - even though the Chinese move quickly on these matters”.

I guess if they still do comply and the manufacturer is voluntarily then they should be commended.

Barleycorns! I wick up the zigzag often to badgers, yet place grave endangerment if the yellow should inebriate. This once never, an exuberance intimated a gravel yet crabwise did updown the speaker cone. Of course, the bally cheese dog inundated royally squashed magnet!

PS, there was a spam post just above this one that made about as much sense. It's probably gone now.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

^^^ yep, gone Bangladeshi ISP and rubbish spam.

Thread Information