Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KIA RICE! (Parental Guideance needed, very scary!)

KIA RICE! (Parental Guideance needed, very scary!)

Whoops this one has to get mentioned, its the worst of the lot.

Oh No.

Some of those cars are pretty much stock, except for minor changes. One person had a sticker on his car, and you called it rice.

Changing your rims, doesn't mean you think you're fast and furious.
    Tdot owns you.

But the interiors of them are ricey. Its not always fast and the furious, with the wannabe bling Sportages its trying to be bling bling in a Korean 4wd.

You have to be the most Anti-Korean Car person i know!

so because people stick chromies on Quad Bikes, they wanna race like F&F2?

I do agree that Bling is bad, but for heaven sakes, there just expressing themselves, most of these people live boring lives, and it's nice to see tham get sunshine every now and again. I actually think it's a new twist, including Korean cars into Asian car culture, it's not everyday you see a Sportage with chromies......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I like the Tiburon! And....Umn...The....

Granted, theres not much to like, but was there much to like about the Japanese car industry in the 60's other than their sports cars?

Now there respected, and i think Korea is well on it's way to earning that kind of respect.

I have one word for all you Korean car haters. That word is Spirra.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

What the hell? It looks sorta like a Honda Espirit NSX sorta fusion a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    What the hell? It looks sorta like a Honda Espirit NSX sorta fusion a bit.
    Correction. It looks great.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"

Yes and that! But its Korean! How fast is it? Try and prove me wrong about Korean cars, if you do, a big shiny rep point is comin your way.

putting a good music stystem and some tv's in your car isnt rice

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Yes and that! But its Korean! How fast is it? Try and prove me wrong about Korean cars, if you do, a big shiny rep point is comin your way.
    Have you ever considered yourself as an Automotive Racist?

Specs for the Proto Spirra 4.6 V8:
    Cheers,
    -Ads

Whats there to prove you wrong about? They use cheaper materials, nothing most american car makers wouldn't pass up. Some handle atrosciously, again nothing new, some even look bad (Again, nothing new, just ask the Ford Taurus Designer....). The only difference is that they have a value card to play, given time i'm sure they'll blossom into a fully fledged car industry, just as the Japanese did before them, and until then, we'll have to make do with what we've got.

Oh, BTW, i thought the Spirra was in fact Malaysian, not Korean.

Seems to me that the entire Korean auto industry is still suffering the effects of the Hyundai Excel. At least in the United States. Hyundai's first model introduced here in the late '80s was such a grade-A hunk of crap, by the time it an Excel was three or four years old it was virtually worthless. That car managed to give many people a long-lingering disrespect of Hyundai and then Kia and Daewoo when they came along. Of course it took the Japanese makers all of the '70s and part of the '80s before their excellent quality was the accepted fact that it is today. Of course Daewoo is no more in the U.S., it lives on only in the new Chevy Aveo, which is off to a rocky start. But the huge warranties currently being offerred by Hyundai and Kia will go a long way towards convincing the American market that they are no longer trying to sell us Excels.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Thread Information