Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK police replacing the Imprezas with Lexus IS-F cruisers

UK police replacing the Imprezas with Lexus IS-F cruisers

"The Lexus was tested during a 12-month period along with similar vehicles and proved itself to be ideally suited in providing a dynamically safe high performance chassis along with an electronically stable platform for the computer equipment. In the past this equipment has placed huge demands on vehicles but the Lexus IS-F easily met with our requirements. The final product provides a most formidable package and is undoubtedly one of the most advanced police vehicles in the world which in turn enables my officers to deal with the criminals who use the roads for serious and organized crime."
    The Lexus IS-Force, an IS-F that has been converted to a cruiser for police duty in the English county of Humberside, also includes the notoriously criminally minded port city of Hull. For the past few years, Humberside bobbies have been chasing baddies in Subaru Imprezas, but the AWD cars just weren't up to the task at hand.
    http://best-tops-direct.com |http://4wheelonline.com/Fender_Flares.3212 | http://4wheelonline.com/Bushwacker_Fender_Flares.3170]Bushwacker

Has to be up there with the best looking cop cars. Liked the pic of a Japanese R34 Skyline GT-R Cop car though...if anyone wants to fish it up

Wow, nice.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

They still use Imprezas, Evos etc - they're more than adequate for the job they do...but this just proves that our Police don't muck about. Very few people escape from the police in the UK in a full-blown chase using cars now - especially when the pursuit cars are being directed by this:

It can, amongst other things, read your registration plate from a mile away and you can't really hide anywhere outdoors because the thermal imaging is so good that they can find you even if you've hidden in a dumpster / forest / river etc.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelsonline View Post
    The Lexus IS-Force, an IS-F that has been converted to a cruiser for police duty in the English county of Humberside, also includes the notoriously criminally minded port city of Hull. For the past few years, Humberside bobbies have been chasing baddies in Subaru Imprezas, but the AWD cars just weren't up to the task at hand.
    What's your purpose here?
    Autoblog isn't blocked on my computer, and if I want to read news on this forum, I would like them a bit more exhaustive, not just 3 lines, an in-line images and that's all.
    Stop this.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Also, this looks like one of the many "specials" that are circulated around the different forces to tempt them in to buying.
    The EVO one used to return to a dealership in Edinburgh between "test drives"

and EVERY Chief Inspector says how good the car is and makes sure of good publicity in the hope of being able to negotiate a better price from the manufacturer.

Each force in the UK is free to buy which car it wants for police use - be it normal beat work or pursuit.

So i'd only read this as susual marketing -- like marked up Lambos -- and not get excited until someone ACTUALLY orders

As Clivey said, there's less call for "pursuit" cars in the marjor trouble areas.
    And with our congested roads you know you can always find a place to box them in further on

The two Italian police Gallardos are effectively used, but they were basically a "gift", not really purchased or ordered by the Police.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The two Italian police Gallardos are effectively used, but they were basically a "gift", not really purchased or ordered by the Police.
    Then why didn't they give me one for my birthday ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Then why didn't they give me one for my birthday ?
    Because you are a always-drunk-party-boy

What's your purpose here?
    Autoblog isn't blocked on my computer, and if I want to read news on this forum, I would like them a bit more exhaustive, not just 3 lines, an in-line images and that's all.
    Stop this.
    Just look at his name. It's obvious he wants to be the news presenter on this website.

But for discussion sake, a while ago, they made a few Caparo T1s as highway pursuit cars. I think those are more menacing than something which to most uneducated people would just be a Lexus
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

I'll have to look out for them, I live about 20 miles from Hull. I've recently seen some of the Evos and Imprezas they have.

About half of every "Police Camera Action" seesm to be from Humberside, but I'm never sure why....
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Just look at his name. It's obvious he wants to be the news presenter on this website.

But for discussion sake, a while ago, they made a few Caparo T1s as highway pursuit cars. I think those are more menacing than something which to most uneducated people would just be a Lexus
    I don't think so, the Caparo is so un-road-ish even a small hot hatch could smoke it. Wasn't that a one-off btw?

If I see a Caparo, I'd slam on the brake, let it hit my trunk, and takes off...too fragile...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I don't think so, the Caparo is so un-road-ish even a small hot hatch could smoke it. Wasn't that a one-off btw?
    of course not, it's in production
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    of course not, it's in production
    I meant the police version, of course.

Thread Information