Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear makes it official

Top Gear makes it official

The ENZO *IS* the fastes.

3 seconds a lap faster than the Ford GT and number one on the Top Gear track at 1'18" dead

Discuss ...........
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

And yet the Westfield XTR2 and the Radical SR3's laptimes have mysteriously disappeared from the board!

That car's handling really is awesome! When and where are we going to be able to download the Enzo episode?

f40 is faster then enzo you know?

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    f40 is faster then enzo you know?
    And...???

After it has been aired
    Humm...

They shouldn't be telling everyone the results, it would be more exciting to find out the day it's aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The ENZO *IS* the fastest.

3 seconds a lap faster than the Ford GT and number one on the Top Gear track at 1'18" dead

Discuss ...........
    1'19" dead even

It sounded rubbish compared to the aural assault offered up by the SLR's thumping V8 coupled with screaming supercharger, and the high-powered ethereal V10 waffle of the CGT.

Ok, so it's fast.
    Not really a surprise.

It isn't cool either, also not a surprise.

It is still an embarrassment to look at.

And I agree with JC, supercars aren't as good as they used to be...

Still, I had fun spotting the Pink Floyd references.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    They shouldn't be telling everyone the results, it would be more exciting to find out the day it's aired.
    What, like today?

I hope they get that Ultima on there. It should give it a run for it's money.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 10-31-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

I agree... good post Cov.

I'm still trying to figure out why supercars aren't as good as they used to be. I think it's got to be the lack of "rawness", if you know what I mean. They've almost become so refined in their performance that they've lost that awesome crudenss and feeling of death that the older ones are all so famous for

all good.

I also wasn't surprised at it ending up un-cool or Clarkson waxing lyrical on older cars.

More weight needs more power, more power gets more speed, more speed needs more controls to prevent it killing the driver on the first corner. More controls means less 'feel' that the car is doing what YOU say and isn't doing what the computer has decided it will do based on your 'request'.

It's why classic/historic competition is growing.

Watching 70s through 80s F1 cars is a WHOLE different game, much more fun, just wish I'd enough money to play the game

and yes enjoyed the book plugs and the Floyd refrences.

Geri Halliwell - they needed to point out to her she is now on the seriously uncool wall But yes I still would

Don't think the F40 woudl beat it. It's not that good on tight corners.
    The hannerhead is close to the radius of the hairpin at Knockhill. The F40 doesn't do well on it. I think the twisties woudl hold it back where it's lack of handling would tell. Does raise the question, why the hell they didnt' do it as they ahd the car !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Right im on the waiting list, ive just got in.
    Sounds as good as ever, however you dont get the same atmosphere as watching it on the telly. So whos enzo was it? were the tyres left on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    Right im on the waiting list, ive just got in.
    Sounds as good as ever, however you dont get the same atmosphere as watching it on the telly. So whos enzo was it? were the tyres left on the floor?
    Masons.
    He's got a book out on Floyd history. Very funny running series of plugs for the book and flopyd references. See how many you can spot

All that traction control - so boring, no great trails of smoke or rubber

Masons.
    He's got a book out on Floyd history. Very funny running series of plugs for the book and flopyd references. See how many you can spot

All that traction control - so boring, no great trails of smoke or rubber
    But then if it was turned off, Top gear wouldnt be able to pay for the new tyres.

The ENZO *IS* the fastes.

Discuss ...........
    I guess its a credit to the GT that its time was so close to that of the Enzo.
    I am the Stig

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Yay! the video is available for us to download!!!

click Heeerrreee
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

the biggest question was still left begging for me is what would a mclaren F1 do a lap in. clarkson doesn't like it in reality cause he is an ordianary driver and it is one of the closest things to a race car in existance.

it really pissed me off how they didn't test the xj, f40 and especially the F1. i mean it was probably part of the aggreement for getting them they they weren't allowed to test them but still very frustrating.

all in all though, that was probably the best bit of top gear i have seen in the last 2 or so years...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

The Enzo better be the fastest with a pricetag close to a million bucks. I still don't like the Enzo. F50 looks much better.

Thread Information