Thread: Two new things that we totally need

Two new things that we totally need

Here are two new things that would make a great addition to these boards:

1. A chat room - Misho, myself, and a bunch of others have been talking about this for a while. It would be awesome if you could talk to other users that are currently online.

2. A "quiz" feature - This would make "What is it?" easier for me, and we could all post sweet quizzes. Wouter, I know you found that quiz hack already

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Here are two new things that would make a great addition to these boards:

1. A chat room - Misho, myself, and a bunch of others have been talking about this for a while. It would be awesome if you could talk to other users that are currently online.

2. A "quiz" feature - This would make "What is it?" easier for me, and we could all post sweet quizzes. Wouter, I know you found that quiz hack already
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh coooooollllllllllllllll realy nice ideas to keep us intrested in the forum...
    hope this will happen

Good morning,

Two interesting suggestions. The quiz idea I'll have to look in later when there is a definitive version of the forum software launched. On the chat room, it would undermine the public nature of the forums. The great thing about the forums is the fact that although two people in Canada are talking, people in Australia can read up on that later. In my opinion the Miscelaneous forums can be used for chats about nothing. I have changed the settings and the posts in Misc no longer count for the user total, so you can pretty much post anything you want, within the bounds of the forum rules.

Thanks for your time,
    Wouter Melissen

I think there's something about quizes at www.exoticcarforums.com you might want to check it out, just in case...
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    In my opinion the Miscelaneous forums can be used for chats about nothing. I have changed the settings and the posts in Misc no longer count for the user total, so you can pretty much post anything you want, within the bounds of the forum rules.
    i have to say that i cant see a reasonable explanation for what u just mentioned. the Misc section has always been for chats about non-car related issues (or as nothing as u mentioned).
    IMO the new settings change is unjustifiable. i cant see its point and more importantly, i cant see how it will improve the forums in any way.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

im in for these 2 thing but if they go on that premium ucp and i have to pay im screwed
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Wouter ?

hey Wouter, can we have an explanation to ur new settings change please ?
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    hey Wouter, can we have an explanation to ur new settings change please ?
    It's reset.

Thank you !!

Thank you, I strongly think this is the correct decesion and hope that u made it because you think so and not as a request.

Once again, good work !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I like the idea of a chat room. A lot of you seem smart and would probably be nice to chat with, but there are also many idiots who I wouldn't like to chat with.

Well while this is old hat im for a chat room..itll enable people to mingle and really get to know eachother on a more personal basis and while it would make the misc section less popular i still think its an idea.
    And to throw in an other idea my juke box idea but that one willmore then likely require a few DJs as we cant be posting music on the site itself (it can be downlaoded and therfore in breach of copy right laws and so on and so forth) but i can think of a few power hungery individuals who might want to do it and someid be willing to suggest.
    Should ofmade this one a pole se who wants a chat room while i think the majority wouldsay yes if wouter still thinks no ill respect his decision.
    Yall take it easy now
    -Nick

Thread Information