Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevy ZR -1 and Porsche GT2

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Seconded. I'd like to take this opportunity to call BS on the G35 beating a g8 also (although this claim is much more believable than the vette claim)
    A Pontiac G8 is a heavy hog. Try driving one and you will be convinced.

G8: 1790 kg 361 hp
    G35: 1625kg 286hp

hm..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

3,582 pounds for G35 and 3,946 pounds for G8. Almost 400 pounds difference. 2007 G35 coupe came with 293 hp and not 286 hp. 2009 Pontiac G8 came with 355 hp. How is 50 horsepower advanatge gonna overcome almost 400 extra pounds? What about the gearing of the G8? And, the 2006 G35 Sedan is actually 50 - 70 pounds lighter than the G35 coupe, which could make the G8 look even worse. And, a modified G35 will make it even harder for a G8 to look good even with a 40 horsepower advantage.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 02-06-2010 at 09:19 PM.

wait, you said the G8 grand prix, which is like..425hp. the G35 is no lightweight, with a torque and hp deficit... by all accounts the G8 will hit 60mph in under 5 seconds or close to it.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    wait, you said the G8 grand prix, which is like..425hp. the G35 is no lightweight, with a torque and hp deficit... by all accounts the G8 will hit 60mph in under 5 seconds or close to it.
    By G8 grandprix, I meant the G8 GT and not the G8 GXP.

Like so many of your other links that video pointless. Let's review why:
    1. We know nothing about the two cars, stock, mods, tires, drivers etc.
    2. Amateur drags typically use roll out to call the start of the run. So in theory, you can sit at the green light for 10 seconds and still run an 11 second 1/4. The clock doesn't start ticking until you start moving. Hence, the Corvette doesn't have to launch with the G35 in order to "win". Perhaps you need to study up on your Saturday afternoon drag rules.

As for the weight gearing and all the other noise you were making well perhaps these numbers should clear things up.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...302a24c52f.pdf
    http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...e6cdb2088e.pdf
    So the G35 does 0-60 in 6 seconds and finishes the 1/4 in 14.6 seconds
    The Z51 C6 Corvette completes the same in 4.3 and 12.7 respectively. Mind you that's the 400hp older C6, not the newer models with even more power. I guess GM geared the car badly?

Sort of a really stupid driver or a really modified Nissan you aren't beating a Corvette.

The rest of your post is mindless crap. You can't prove I've never driven a Corvette or a G35. Given that neither is rare its rather stupid to claim I haven't. Given some of your claims I would have to assume you haven't driven either a G35 or a Sentra. Are you sure that "Vette" you outran wasn't a "Chevette"?

read around that site culver and found the G8 GT hits 60 in 5.3s and does the 1/4 in 13.8.. with some mods on the G35's side it might be close depending on drivers.
    hell, slap intake/exhaust/tune on the G8 though..

Never let the facts get in the way of a good fanboy.

Don't feed the troll, people
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Yeah, I would say it's clear that G35 is full of it. Based on his posts I get the feeling he is a high school kid who dreams of owning a decent but nothing too special Nissan.

What the hell does all this nonsence have to do you with a ZR-1 and a Porsche GT2?

Once again G35Coupe, you find any video/post/thread however unrelated to a G35 somehow related to a G35. Why is this? Are you really so ignorant to believe that the G35 is the paradigm of cars like the way that you pedistal it as?

And G35 or the 350Z will eat your Z28 for lunch on the track. At least, I eat Dodge Charger R/Ts for lunch on any curvy road. Try it, you might like it.
    Cause their is little difference between Dodge Charger R/T's and Corvette's, I mean, they both have v8's, both rear wheel drive, both front engined. No further differences between the two come to my mind. Please G35Coupe, stop impressing your biased one sided viewpoints on the rest of us. Especially if the only way you seem to refute other forum users comments with anything other than what seems to be your typical response. Let me paraphrase, "My G35 beat _____ and you cant prove me wrong because because." I would be actually quite impressed if you could go your next 100 posts with no mention of your supposed car, the Nissan G35. Its like the silent game, give it a shot for the relief of all.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

i own a G35 and i hate to say it but Altima 3.5's give us a run cause they're lighter. of course G's handle better
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good fanboy.

Don't feed the troll, people
    let's suggest a temporary ban until he can show us validated pictures of his G35 coupe, and preferable in the company of his Sentra, which he seems to own as well.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Henk calling picsorban.

Sunday, 7:51pm AEST (GMT +10).

G35Coupe has 48 hours to comply or faces a ban.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    G8: 1790 kg 361 hp
    G35: 1625kg 286hp

hm..
    And the G37 is really a fat pig since it tips the scales at 1780kg or so...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Let the record show that roosterjuicer does not support a ban. Whether or not G35 is full of it may be annoying but it also keeps things interesting on this message board and the guy does make a lot of posts, most of which are silly, but the rest of us seem to be able to turn most of them into meaningful discussions. Bottom line, he makes my reading, writing, and research filled days somewhat more interesting. Do you really want to take that away from a poor, starving law student? :^(
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Thread Information