Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WRX Concept

WRX Concept

WRX Concept

Diffuserzz, yellow calipers and a giant hole on the hood. Yay!!!

It is curious, now that rally has finally become the zoo-motorsport (lots of wildness but caged in a controlled environment) all the old homologation specials have either disappeared or become a shadow of the glory days.

On the other hand, it's sad that newer flat four Subaru have lost their trademark sound, altough there's one from the last generation I see from time to time that has a modified exhaust and it still sounds like a proper Subaru.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I was expecting something super-ricey...this ain't bad. Favourite WRX was still the first one they had here, though. Maybe because it made such a good first impression or something on me.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

If you look at individual pieces, I think it has a lot of good things going for it stylistically. I'm having a hard time though with the car as a whole. I find the front too bulbous and the rear too stubby to fit the middle of the car. I think it would be very good-looking if they were able to shave the ends down a little so the proportions were more "saloon-like".

I'm not crazy about it. But then again, I'm the only person who liked the styling of the bug-eye and the one after the buy-eye so I may not be the best judge.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I myself like the proportions. If I had to nitpick, I'd say the blackout taillights don't jazz me. I also really want to dislike those yellow calipers, but somehow it just...works.

I like what I see. It's refreshing to see how Subaru is still keeping up with the WRX and the STI, while Mitsubishi has all but quit.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I like what I see. It's refreshing to see how Subaru is still keeping up with the WRX and the STI, while Mitsubishi has all but quit.
    Mitsubishi has pretty much quit keeping up in any of their cars. Cheap and nasty feeling.

Not bad overall, it kinda looks like a Jag, Mazda 6, Opel/Vauxhall/Buick all rolled into one, the yellow accents around the exhaust pipes are distracting though

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Mitsubishi has pretty much quit keeping up in any of their cars. Cheap and nasty feeling.
    I think even in the glory days of the Evo, most of Mitsu's models were neglected. I have heard mixed things about the quality of Galants and Eclipses and new Mitsubishis have looked like five-year-old (before they were passable) Korean cars for a number of years now.
    I think part of the problem is that the only Mitsus I see are bros/assholes/pedants in Evos, base model Lancers with only one hubcap left and fading paint or rust depending on the part of the country, or '90s ricers in Eclipses trying to relive the Triple Diamond's glory days.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I think even in the glory days of the Evo, most of Mitsu's models were neglected. I have heard mixed things about the quality of Galants and Eclipses and new Mitsubishis have looked like five-year-old (before they were passable) Korean cars for a number of years now.
    I think part of the problem is that the only Mitsus I see are bros/assholes/pedants in Evos, base model Lancers with only one hubcap left and fading paint or rust depending on the part of the country, or '90s ricers in Eclipses trying to relive the Triple Diamond's glory days.
    You know, a stock Evo VI (to this very day) pretty much shit's on everything you just mentioned. The bros are still fussing around and speeding in residential neighborhoods in their tricked out Lancer's and WRX's where I live. I really wish they would just go away...

I think that the only Mitsubishis that are more or less relevant to anyone are their SUVs/Offroaders. Their passenger cars have long passed their interest point.
    Visca Catalunya!

This is cool. As I always say, imperfections will be less prevalent in the road going version. However, with all of the cheap 2 door sportscars around, I don't really care for a road racer sedan anymore.

In North America, Mitsubishi are wholly irrelevant.

In related news, Suzuki is also ditching the Canadian market after the 2014 model year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    This is cool. As I always say, imperfections will be less prevalent in the road going version. However, with all of the cheap 2 door sportscars around, I don't really care for a road racer sedan anymore.
    What if you need the extra space/practicality?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    What if you need the extra space/practicality?
    Buy a Cayenne GTS-TT GT4/4WD G-T3 GT-2 Porsche Design Edition 3-H iGreen Edition with leather air vents.

I think there is definitely a time and a place for a sports sedan, though I start drifting away when they begin shooting past the two-and-a-half ton mark.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information