Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Announced for 2006

PS3 Announced for 2006

Well guys... Apparently it has been revealed.

X-Bo... what?

Here you have it :

Btw... GT5 is coming out for PS3.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05..._topslot_click

More pics: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05...81.html?page=5

Looks cool, but that arch could be a b1tch.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra video cards, which would cost roughly $1,000 total if purchased today....Since the console has two HD outputs, it is can be hooked up to two side-by-side HDTVs to projecting video in a 32:9 extra-widescreen format (think Cinemascope in your living room).
    Sick!

do this mean u can go head to head in the same room without splitscreen?
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I like the Bluetooth controllers, it's about time to have wireless controllers made by Sony. Consoles are finally matching PC, and by the way, any information on the price? I'm expecting it to be $350-400, so I'll have about $600 ready for it and the games, and probably a PS3 steering wheel if they planned on making a new one.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra video cards, which would cost roughly $1,000 total if purchased today....Since the console has two HD outputs, it is can be hooked up to two side-by-side HDTVs to projecting video in a 32:9 extra-widescreen format (think Cinemascope in your living room).
    <Neo> Woah. </Neo>

This is going to be sick. It doesn't matter what it costs, I'll have one.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

It looks pretty awesome! The controller loks a little awkward but I'd imagine it feels pretty good.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

I havn't ever seriously wanted a PS until now. I'm buying that.

im not talkin trash about it but i think it will be amusing to see the PS3 in 20 years. what we all thought was cutting edge design now will be so retro then.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Sounds awesome, but that controller looks terrible. They need to lope off a few inches and widen the trigger buttons. Better yet, make the L2/R2 buttons actual triggers, Dreamcast style.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to this and the Revolution. And hopefully they'll finally make GT5 what it should've been by part three. (more than 6 cars on track at once, damage, ferrari/porsche/lamborghini, all the forgotten cars of the makes already included, true customization and hopefully a true-blue first person view. Oh yes, and for the love of god, let me do crazy burnouts and doughnuts in Gymkhana, for christ sakes!!! I want to light 'em up!)

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    Sounds awesome, but that controller looks terrible. They need to lope off a few inches and widen the trigger buttons. Better yet, make the L2/R2 buttons actual triggers, Dreamcast style.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to this and the Revolution. And hopefully they'll finally make GT5 what it should've been by part three. (more than 6 cars on track at once, damage, ferrari/porsche/lamborghini, all the forgotten cars of the makes already included, true customization and hopefully a true-blue first person view. Oh yes, and for the love of god, let me do crazy burnouts and doughnuts in Gymkhana, for christ sakes!!! I want to light 'em up!)
    How about a online mode that can have around 50 cars each race, or even online endurance? By the way, they're calling it "Vision Gran Turismo", which sounds cooler than just "Gran Turismo 5". The controllers looks weird to me as well, hopefully they'll keep the Bluetooth part and make a new design for it. The PS3 sure will beat the crap out of Xbox 360 and probably PC. I'm thinking of getting silver or white for the system.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 05-17-2005 at 01:55 AM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

is there any truth to the rumours that they were going ot make 2 different PS3's one specifically for games and one with the lot

So, we're set to wait about another 2 1/2 years (europe) after everyone else gets it until a miserly amount are shipped over here...I bet they're not multi-region as well...

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    that looks freakin awesome! the controllers may look weird but hey, Sony's designers know a lot more about ergonomics than u fellas do. So it must be comfortable.... judging by the long handles...

the shape of the console is great i seriously thought that they would come up with a f*cked up and weird design. But damn that's sexy... i actually drooled

It would look better in metallic orange or gun metal! *drools*

I heard it comes with a built in griller
    coltyu. d;-)!

Thread Information