Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "You can make a difference assignment"

I knew Britain was quite advanced in such matters - I've seen Amistad the movie.

I just assumed the American continent - considering the bloodshed and fighting that occured basically over slavery (and other factors) was a little more ahead of the curve then they were.

and for the record - i put in as much effort as i thought the argument was worth
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    if you wanna talk about one person making a difference (some say for the better, some would dissagree) talk about the ultimate difference maker...the person who eventually became the foundation for people like MLK, Rosa Parks, Mother Teresa, and 33% of the worlds population today. A person who directly led to America and various other countries being formed. some of the nicest people, and alternatively some of the biggest, most gruesom wars known to man...yeah thats right...im talking about JESUS CHRIST. He was one man who started from scratch and he has changed the world more than anyone else. And as much as you christian haters might say his followers or whatever do more harm than good, you gotta admit he has a huuuge influence and his teachers are legit and they are provided a lot more good than harm.
    There is no real proof he even ever existed, just a book written many years afterwards. There have been very bloody wars in his name, mass murders and many great things as well I wouldn't call a figure of any religion "good", except perhaps Buddha who despised violence. Every other major religion has blood on it's hands..

edit:
    How about Rudolf Diesel or Ferdinand Porsche ?
    Last edited by drakkie; 10-09-2007 at 08:24 AM.

Some of you speak as if slavery was abolished and black folk instantly became equal, as if theyre equal now...

George II of Great Britain

He colonized what we now know as America and introduced English. He also began the mass slaughter of the natives.

- MadMax13 - there's a difference between dissent and hatred.... and no shit sherlock.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Tienanmen's Square?
    Nelson Mandela and De Klerk?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    as if theyre equal now...
    Good point, they get alot of things white people don't. College admissions preferential treatment is one that comes to mind.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    George II of Great Britain

He colonized what we now know as America and introduced English. He also began the mass slaughter of the natives.

- MadMax13 - there's a difference between dissent and hatred.... and no shit sherlock.
    Where the **** did you dig that up from, 50 posts ago???...

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Tienanmen's Square?
    Nelson Mandela and De Klerk?

Good point, they get alot of things white people don't. College admissions preferential treatment is one that comes to mind.
    And you, dont even START to try to pull that ****ing SHIT!!!. All of a sudden some people at the top want to start giving people of color a leg up and white folk start bitching about it. If your white you are less likely to get the death penalty, if you are white you are less likely to get life, if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...

And you, dont even START to try to pull that ****ing SHIT!!!. All of a sudden some people at the top want to start giving people of color a leg up and white folk start bitching about it. If your white you are less likely to get the death penalty, if you are white you are less likely to get life, if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...
    You can eliminate prejudice in schools, the workplace, and in crime, but you can't ban racism.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 10-10-2007 at 05:29 AM.

If your white you are less likely to get the death penalty, if you are white you are less likely to get life, if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...
    Not that any of this has to do with a single person "making a difference" but here we go...

its simple economics. if you are white you are more likely to make more money. by making more money the parents of that predominantly white school can afford to give more donations and pay more taxes to make that school better in public schools thats how things are done, the schools are paid for by all the people in its area. by making more money white people can afford a lawyer or at least a better lawyer and thus in similar crimes can avoid the death penalty, or get a less than life sentance. thats how life works, look at oj. he had plenty of money and he got away with murder and guess what...he was black.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...
    NOT in all countries clearly !!
    Sounds like you should do something local to get that fixed.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I agree with all, in the US its a COUNTRY wide problem. As far as racism, no, you cant ban it, but what i was getting at was this new trend of white folk saying black folk have the preference in a country that, to this DAY, oppresses people of color, people from other countries, etc....

if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...
    That's bullshit. Robinhood Act anyone?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

That "shit," as you call it, is the truth. And it goes a lot further than just college admissions. Affirmative action can(and does) lead to a less capable minority getting hired over a more qualafied white person just because of skin color. Just because some one's black doesn't mean they deserve to be given a "leg up." Giving them that leg up isn't making descrimination go away; in fact, it seems it's actually a substantial source of race based descrimination.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    That's bullshit. Robinhood Act anyone?
    Uh, not bullshit, theres only been dozens of articles in the paper about it, from the education folk to the people that do statistics...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    That "shit," as you call it, is the truth. And it goes a lot further than just college admissions. Affirmative action can(and does) lead to a less capable minority getting hired over a more qualafied white person just because of skin color. Just because some one's black doesn't mean they deserve to be given a "leg up." Giving them that leg up isn't making descrimination go away; in fact, it seems it's actually a substantial source of race based descrimination.
    You have no ****ing idea what youre on about. Not only do white folk get hired over black folk across the country but an underqualified white man is more likely to get a job over an overqualified woman. White men have it the easiest in this country...

Thread Information