Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rinspeed Chopster

Rinspeed Chopster

Info:

The latest creation of the Swiss design powerhouse and tuner par-excellence will soon celebrate its roll out: The new Rinspeed Chopster.

Rinspeed, renowned for extraordinary conversions and avant-garde prototypes, gives a glimpse of their latest creation: Inspired by the mostly American cult to lower the roof line on even the most unlikely vehicles, the Rinspeed Chopster is based on the platform of a Porsche Cayenne.

The main focus lies on the redesign of the complete roof section as well as on the conversion to a for this type of vehicle highly unusual three-door layout. The entire roof line including the A-, B-, C and D-pillars is lowered by approximately 6 inches (150 mm). The chop requires all glass panels to be redone. The rigidity of the roof section also has to be recalculated. In for a penny, in for a pound  while working on these aspects of the conversion Rinspeed also eliminated the rear doors and designed a true three-door vehicle. The result is a vehicle dominated by dynamic lines that give the Chopster a stocky and powerful look.

The interior reflects the sporty external appearance. Four independent bucket seats provide the required lateral support. An integrated but hidden anti-roll bar protects the passengers. The interior is upholstered with the finest leather available and despite its sporty character leaves nothing to be desired in the comfort category either. Upon customer request special materials such as carbon or aluminum can be applied throughout the interior.

Also apparent at first glance is the newly designed front with the big air ducts that gives the Chopster its own unique new look. All four fenders are wider, bigger and designed to harmonize with the overall appearance of the Chopster. Striking new side sills and an upgraded rear round out the body modifications.

The Rinspeed Chopster lives on big feet: 10J x 23 size wheels fitted with size 305 tires on front and rear axles fill out the wheel arches perfectly.

Customers who appreciate such extraordinary design usually also demand improved performance through increased engine power. The Chopster's power plant produces 600 hp of maximum power and almost 800 Nm of peak torque. More than enough for superior driving in any situation and enough to reach a top speed of 290 km/h. Acceleration time from rest to 100 km/h is under five seconds.

Exclusivity is also guaranteed by the Chopster's price: Depending on the ordered options the price ranges from 325,000 to 375,000 euros.

Story by Rinspeed Design

P.S: My apolagies if this is a repost, and the image is not chopped .
    Now the pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I still don't buy it. Who is that designed for? Stevie Wonder? There is no way someone can look out those windows.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Now thats one ugly car......beforehand.

Now it looks like someones pimpmobile
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I still don't buy it. Who is that designed for? Stevie Wonder? There is no way someone can look out those windows.
    The name Chopster is very suspicious, ummm.
    I dont know what to belive .

Here's a high-res picture.
    (right-click and save as)
    UCP biggest Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic & Mercedes CLK-GTR SuperSport fan

it's a photoshop - for several reasons:

1. there is no drivers side mirror, but there is a passenger mirror (i've circled it on the attached pic)

2. if you download the hi-res version, you can see the "seam" where the top was chopped (I've circled that as well)

3. Also, the fender flares are not as sharp/in focus as the rest of the image.

4. and the RINSPEED logo on the front plate is "crooked" and lined up right for the perspective.
    Last edited by nopassn; 09-30-2004 at 07:14 AM.

i think its a chop of what they want it to look like
    UCP's Biggest Mercedes Benz Fan! - Umer Sharif

Owner Of UCP's Best Avatar!!!

its completely hideous

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    i agree, its hideous. one thing though, if its a fake, then y did they feature this in the autoweek magazine (cant remember month or issue #).

. . . its a cayenne chop people. Its not to exiting.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

its a beautiful porsche but ricing it wont do i love the ceyenne dont care what other people think
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

haoleolol dude tahts messieed st up i dunno if i like dhath
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

some more...

i don't care what people say i dig this car in a big way... the gaping front grill is a little too Peugeot but i think it looks far better than the stock Cayenne...

Do you think Rinspeed is going to launch two concepts in Geneva? They sent me a press release about the new 'Senso' up for release in Geneva yesterday.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

and some more...

Thread Information