Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The GT4 Challenge: startup thread

The GT4 Challenge: startup thread

I might start a comp. here. I'm just interested in seeing how many people would be interested in competing. Here are a few rules I've drafted up.

• Each comp starts Monday morning, and ends Sunday at midnight
    • The winner of the previous comp will give the information for the next comp including car, track, tires, and modifications.
    • Photographic proof must be provided for authentication. All times submitted without proof will be excluded
    • The winner will recieve 10 points, 2nd place gets 8, 3rd place gets 6, 4th place gets 4, 5th place gets 2, all other entrants will recieve 1 point.

Feel free to sugsest rules. If you want to compete please respond to this thread before sunday at midnight.
    Last edited by SIMPLETON; 07-04-2005 at 01:11 PM.
    eat cicada

Very good idea.
    How exactly will the authentication be made? Will there be net playing or everyone will play on his own?
    Great idea. I believe I can do really good on this one. If I believe Murphy's law, I will finish last, though

When you do laps in free run or something and then go back to the race menu it will display your best time from that session. Take a picture of this with the namee of the car visible. post it in the thread.
    eat cicada

Well managed it could turn out really interesting, especially if there was enough competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    it could turn out really interesting, especially if there was enough competitors.
    That is exactly what I'm hoping for. I would hope that the winners will choose challenges that have little to know tuning required as to keep competitionas close as possible while forcing competitors to use skill to win. I can not guarantee that either of us will ever win but we can all hope for it.
    eat cicada

When I come back from my friends house, I'll use some of my GT4 Photo Comp Savvy to compose a few rules.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Put me down as interested

Yeah I could be tempted to give it a blast, count me in.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

As it will be difficult to police the mods made to each car, I suggest to allow all mods. Anyway, a 700+ bhp M5 is pretty difficult to control don't you think?

The only thing that will be suggested will be the car and track. For example M5 and nurburgring. If someone can do it better with a 600 bhp M5 , then let him do it. If someone thinks he can manage a 700 bhp in the twisty circuit, fine.
    This way the skill of the player will be used.

Also It would be very nice to have the first race on the 'Ring! Symbolic track....

I'm so excited. Very good proposal Simpleton.

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    Anyway, a 700+ bhp M5 is pretty difficult to control don't you think?

The only thing that will be suggested will be the car and track. For example M5 and nurburgring. If someone can do it better with a 600 bhp M5 , then let him do it. If someone thinks he can manage a 700 bhp in the twisty circuit, fine.
    This way the skill of the player will be used.
    That all depends if you allow any driving aids, and it'll be pretty hard to police whether people are using them or not. A 700bhp M5 wouldn't be too tough if you crank the TC up to 6 or 7.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

POLITICS....
    Now I understand how Mosley feels....
    I can't think a way to police the bhp or TC settings. If it can be done, it's welcome.

i seem to remember another comp a bit like this a while back

it gets a pain in the arse after a while, especially if your keeping scors like a proper racing series for the competitors

i would enter but my memory card died so now i have no cars and nothing to save on :'(
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I'm in
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

Ok, some ideas from the GT4 Guru.

• Have a competition to post the fastest time on different tracks, regardless of car, tires, mods, all that has to be the same is the track.

• Bi-weekly or monthly themes: For example, on the 5th week, have the track competition, any car etc, just to get the fastest time. Every 10 weeks, have a champions week, taking the winners from those 9 weeks before hand into one competition. (5th week will not coincide w/ 10th week, for the 5's it would be: 5, 15, 25, etc. The 10's would be 10, 20, 30, so on.)

• Wacky ideas like doing the course in reverse, no TCS/ACM/Stability Control, Head to head competions, etc.

Hope that helps.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

akward rules rock-im in, my only suggestion is to have users PM the results to you
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Thread Information