Thread: Gumpert Tornante

Gumpert Tornante

Gumpert Tornante

700 HP announced for the new GUMPERT Fast Tourer designed by TOURING SUPERLEGGERA

The international stage of the 2011 Geneva Motor Show will witness an extraordinary world premiere. TOURING SUPERLEGGERA will unveil its design concept for GUMPERT. The GUMPERT TORNANTE by TOURING is a static style model projected and engineered to match a new central engine chassis with V8-powered driveline. The Tornante is scheduled as an addition to the GUMPERT model range as of 2012.

In the development of the 2-seater coupe, TOURING was commissioned a design adding elegance, space and comfort to a package rooted in motorsports and competition engineering. The result aims at opening a new class with attributes of superior efficiency, performance and pleasure: the Fast Tourers.

The car’s performance and dynamic properties generated tight constraints for the designer. While respecting aerodynamics, ground effect, engine and brakes ventilation, special attention was given to comfort and ergonomics. From two fairly different perspectives, GUMPERT and TOURING share the philosophy to remove everything that is not essential. Hence the shape is clean, efficient, and well-balanced. Innovative proportions were achieved in the rear section. A typical feature is the gull-wing opening of both the doors and the wide rear hood.

Featuring composite body panels over a light chrome-molybdenum steel space frame with carbon fiber monocoque, the Tornante aims at lightness and torsional stiffness. This principle mirrors the original Superleggera construction method patented by Touring in 1936.

The Tornante has the genes of the GUMPERT apollo and inherits its impressive V8 Biturbo engine. The 4.2 liter unit delivers 700 HP in the basis version. The drivetrain is also an apollo derivative, featuring as standard for the sake of comfort the TT40e gearbox with paddle shift control. The built-in double-wishbone suspension scheme from the apollo is adjusted to the requirements of the Fast Touring mission profile. Alongside the basic version, an alternative powered Tornante is also planned for 2012.

The GUMPERT TORNANTE by TOURING will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show on Tuesday, March 1st 2011 at 15:00 on the booth of TOURING and GUMPERT (Hall 2, booth 2055/2057).
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is exciting to me because i really like Gumperts but the rendering looks almost identical to the Jaguar C-X75

Has an angry face just like the Apollo xD
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

I love Gumpert because they're like a German Koenigsegg, just making absolutely bonkers supercars. I hope this thing is as mad as it's weird photo that accompanies this release looks!

I like how it doesn't look as... let's say "purposeful" as the Apollo. I love how they've thought about the looks this time :-)
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

I actually like the purposeful design of the gumpert
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

I'm sorry but everytime I read the title of this thread I read Gumpert Tomate.

This could be a problem in spanish-speaking countries.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

They should name the next model Gumpert Gumpert. Makes me think of Nabokov.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Or "Ert"
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information