Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the fastest speed you driven at, and in what car?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    WOW ! You must have VERY good eyesight to be able to see that far forward
    Only jesting ... but seriously trying that in a '69 Holden ? brave man
    Quote Originally Posted by franfran View Post
    Pssst, Matra.. I think he might be a girl... I've heard a few of them have made their way onto the internets lately.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

MY PROFOUND APOLOGIUES FranFran

No excuse, but could try to use the fact that the kiddies around here usually scare women away from the forum within a few days

A good Aussie sheila ?? should have guessed you could cope !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Sydney, Australia - in a Castle in the Hills
    Well, I'm glad that one's straightened out...........

The fastest I have ever felt I was going turned out to only be 130 mph in an Ariel Atom on a wet track at Goodwood. Strong winds, little to no grip, and no run off areas make for an exciting day.

About 105mph in my 2001 Honda Accord 2.0 VTEC on a dry day.

^^ Please tell me that was at Knockhill and not on any roads I'm likely to be travelling on
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^^ Please tell me that was at Knockhill and not on any roads I'm likely to be travelling on
    Neither. It was on an A road in South Lanarkshire

Quote Originally Posted by 60Valves View Post
    The fastest I have ever felt I was going turned out to only be 130 mph in an Ariel Atom on a wet track at Goodwood. Strong winds, little to no grip, and no run off areas make for an exciting day.
    Hehe, sounds like a fun day though. Still have the F40?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Hehe, sounds like a fun day though. Still have the F40?
    Yes, still have both the F40 and F50.

Quote Originally Posted by group c n b man View Post
    Neither. It was on an A road in South Lanarkshire
    As an Airdrie man I know them well.
    I ride the bike down those roads, so please keep excess speed to the track -- especially in a rice-rocket with no rocket

I ride the bike down those roads, so please keep excess speed to the track -- especially in a rice-rocket with no rocket
    I'm having entertaining thoughts picturing all the possible "what-if" scenarios here .

hmmmm MOTOR-bike .... I leave the fit and trendy stuff for others.
    If it don't smell of Castrol-R then it's not worth riding

Haha. Hardly a rice rocket! It was actually my Gran's old car. However it is still much quicker than any "boyracer" car like Corsas, Fiestas etc. I really like it since its much different compared with what most of my friends drive.

^^^ Not a hard comparison, but PUHLEASE, find out how fast it is and how good you are by going to Knockhill, Forrestburn, Crail or Kaimes.

Safer ( you and more importantly others ) and you might find you get the competitive "bug"

^^^ Not a hard comparison, but PUHLEASE, find out how fast it is and how good you are by going to Knockhill, Forrestburn, Crail or Kaimes.

Safer ( you and more importantly others ) and you might find you get the competitive "bug"
    Actually I'm going to Knockhill later this year to get some track tuition. One of my main Christmas presents. I haven't quite decided which course to opt for though but I'll probably take the SEAT Leon Cupra 20 Laps. I'm really looking forward to it especially since I go to Knockhill for the GTs and Touring Cars each year.

Like yourself, I prefer safe, fast driving and I'm no boyracer! I have even had a subscription for EVO magazine for several years, which I'm quite sure not many other almost 18 year olds have.

Thread Information