Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I eventually find something interesting to do in my town : Porsche 959 spotting

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    Actually.. some quick investigation shows they seem to have black door handles, and the central plate in the rims are smaller because they only have to house one nut, as you say. See the attached..

It's a really good kit, but not good enough!
    Many 959s owners don't use the original rims, made of magnesium, because their replacement in case of scrathes is very expensive. But maybe you're right, I don't see any explanations for the painted door handles.

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    how does a 959 end up at a renault dealer. either the owner traded it in for a bunch of renaults or hes (most likely) probably the owner of that dealership

There were 2 Rolls-Royce, 3 Ferrari's and several Porsches in the backyard of the dealer. In fact very few Renault's...

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    Actually.. some quick investigation shows they seem to have black door handles, and the central plate in the rims are smaller because they only have to house one nut, as you say. See the attached..

It's a really good kit, but not good enough!
    And the fuel cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Why? There are Porsches the US too.
    yeah therer are porsches, and acutally to me a porsche isnt anything special to see anymore besdies the cgt that ive seen once. but there arnt any mc12s paganis koenigseggs or anything super nice. although we do have some very nice cars which would be a ford gt a carrera gt and an ultima gtr. but most the people in my town with money have no taste and only buy bmws and other luxury cars, and there arnt alot of older european cars which i love.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifreak013
    yeah therer are porsches, and acutally to me a porsche isnt anything special to see anymore besdies the cgt that ive seen once. but there arnt any mc12s paganis koenigseggs or anything super nice. although we do have some very nice cars which would be a ford gt a carrera gt and an ultima gtr. but most the people in my town with money have no taste and only buy bmws and other luxury cars, and there arnt alot of older european cars which i love.
    A little fact, the U.S.A is the country with the most Porsches sold within it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS
    And the fuel cap.
    The exhaust pipes plus the position of the brake caliper look real dodgy too.
    Zag when they Zig

Great catch. I love spotting but the only 959 ive seen was when a classic car show got cancelled and a red one followed us home.

Cheers for the pics, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower22
    not any 959s only a few have been imported (such as jerry seinfeld's) but its not street legal
    Are you on drugs???

At least 20 have been legalized, and they're all around.

I got a drive in one a few years back, and they really are amazing cars. The Turbo is much more distinct.

Good find Pi
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Thread Information