Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car Music

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    My god man... you have a point...

That is a great driving song. Especially if you have high fidelity surround sound. When the word Remember comes in, you get goosebumps...

Actually there's a story as to why that song was made. Here it is.

The story has to do with Phil Collins supposedly watching his close friend drown from a nearby cliff (His friend was homosexual), while he stood helpless, too far away to rescue. In addition, supposedly there was another friend of Phil's who could have rescued the friend but just stood idly by, and wouldn't help the drowning man because he was gay.

Many years later, the friend who had never helped out the drowned man was invited to a concert of Phil's.

The spotlight was pointed directly onto the friend while the lyrics were sang, and the man started to cry, and after the song violently ran out of the stadium in tears.

Although no one knows what happened in between that incident and this, they do know that he was found to have hung himself. It's said he commited suicide to douse the pain of Phil's song.

As far as I know, there are many rumours, including the one that Phil's wife divorced him, and he wrote this song for her. Either way, that's the one I know, and I hope you guy's liked it.
    It was also in the Family Guy episode Petergeist. Stewie sings it when he's in the tv and includes drum effects.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I know everyone will think i'm a dumbass for sayin this, but i have a yerf-dog go-kart with a porsche(pronounced "poor-shuh", not "poorsh") flat-6. the thing is so damn fast, it can hit 500mph! anyway, the song i like to play a lot on he stereo at home is a house techno song called "Turbo Carrera" by Hawke & Jaeson Lee that actually has a recording of a 996 turbo accelerating & decelerating while the music plays... oh GOD i love that song...

500mph is pretty fast. If you can't reach that speed with a Flat 6, maybe by adding a can of whoop ass to the back of a grocery cart you could get the same effect.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    500mph is pretty fast. If you can't reach that speed with a Flat 6, maybe by adding a can of whoop ass to the back of a grocery cart you could get the same effect.
    Stop giving him ideas!!!!!

istanbul attack=click click boom
    turkeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy we are turkish

Thread Information