Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: skyline gtr32 vs supra twin turbo

Quote Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
    The comment "too little taste" was interesting so please suggest something unique and affordable. I am open to all options.

Csongor
    If I had 17 grand for a car, I'd look for a 944 Turbo, or a vintage Alfa Romeo. Or I'd get really odd and find a Rover SD1 (early 80s 3500 in AU) and spend the cash on making it awesome. But then, I'm not a huge fan of the JDM scene.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    If I had 17 grand for a car, I'd look for a 944 Turbo,
    you'd want to make sure you got a bloody good one, more costly than 911's if you break something..911 parts are 'off the shelf' mostly whereas the 944's and especially 968's have a lot of parts that require special order iirc.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Well i'd take the supra because it has style and performance is not that bad...

The skyline is also a great car...

But like what all of these people said... IT'S DOWN TO YOUR TASTE...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post
    As for your budget, you couldn't buy a good GTR for less than $20,000AU. Most prime examples are hovering between 23-25 grand, with some V-Specs hitting the 30K region.

I dont know what they're putting in the water where your from, but a good low mileage example in sydney can be had for vastly less that 23 grand.

If i had fifteen grand I'd be a f*ckin happy man.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I'm talking PRIME. Not just good, I'm talking concours.

Show me a concours, unmolested example for "vastly less" and I'll bow out.

Show me even a "good" one for less than 20K.

Concours unmolested GTR's dont exist in australia, When they go up for sale, they're snatched incredibly quickly, and routinely do collect up to 30 grand.

For refrence - straight, clean, Lightly modded R32 GTR with long rego for $22,000 grand.

Red 1994 R32 Gt-r - Skylines Australia

Another - not so stock for $21,500, great condition proven 297kw atw.

Fs: 1989 R32 Gtr Modified - Skylines Australia

Yet another R32 GTR, not quite stock but very straight $20,400

1992 R32 Gtr For Sale - Skylines Australia

Completely stock R32 GTR, $21,000

R32 Gtr No Mods Rarely Driven $21,000 - Skylines Australia

No pics but if you believe the seller, pretty stock R32 GTR for $17,500

R32 Gtr For Sale - Skylines Australia

Obviously, these are above $20,000 - But these cars were all on the first two classified pages of SAU.com -If i actually trawled the forum I'd be sure to find cheaper examples.

EDIT: now for the other end of the scale

R32 Gtr - Skylines Australia
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

"light bulb moment" "eureka" "ah haaa"

I have finally got it. It never came to be before till now.

If i love the handeling of the Skyline GTR 32 and the look of the Supra then why dont i combine the both. Put a GTR 32 motor into a Supra. The Supra will become AWD with the option of going 2WD if i feel like doing some drifting at some point in time.

I have read all your comments. I love the FD RX7 but i think i will have to sell my girlfriends grandmother to get one.

And i had a look at the 944 Porsche but honestly lets break it down. The Boxster is the poor man Porshce. And the 944 is the poor mans Boxster. I think i will save my heartache and wait till im wealthy enough to get the Porsche we know we all want

Ok back to my dream car. Once my supra has the skyline motor in it. I will make it into a convertible with an awesome kit and a sexy paint job. And eventually i wanna put one of those Chrysler Grills on the front and mould the front body kit to match it. When it is ready it will be a day of days.

I think it will look something like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok back to my dream car. Once my supra has the skyline motor in it. I will make it into a convertible with an awesome kit and a sexy paint job. And eventually i wanna put one of those Chrysler Grills on the front and mould the front body kit to match it. When it is ready it will be a day of days.

ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    My first impression is you probably have too much money and too little taste.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

At least a poor mans Porsche has some class.

But who am I to knock your choice.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

If i love the handeling of the Skyline GTR 32 and the look of the Supra then why dont i combine the both. Put a GTR 32 motor into a Supra.
    it's been done. so now you have the muscle car handling of the supra, only minus the extra torque and longevity of the 2JZ.
    The Supra will become AWD
    no it won't
    2WD if i feel like doing some drifting at some point in time.
    by a GTS-T then.
    Once my supra has the skyline motor in it.
    well it won't have a skyline motor in it
    I will make it into a convertible
    you know some supra's are aero top right?
    I will make it into a convertible with an awesome kit and a sexy paint job. And eventually i wanna put one of those Chrysler Grills on the front and mould the front body kit to match it. When it is ready it will be a day of days.

no. just....no. that's not a supra. that's just a ricer abomination.
    i suppose it's cool if you're 12 years old.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

LOL

My understanding of the GTR is that it's full time AWD with no option to turn it off?

There are guys who run Porsche conversions in the States and what they do is mate a 911 engine with the Porsche Boxster - poor mans car or not, I think the engine placement in the Boxster makes it a great car.

BTW, what is a Chrysler Grill and has it got anything to do with George Foreman?

LOL

My understanding of the GTR is that it's full time AWD with no option to turn it off?

There are guys who run Porsche conversions in the States and what they do is mate a 911 engine with the Porsche Boxster - poor mans car or not, I think the engine placement in the Boxster makes it a great car.

BTW, what is a Chrysler Grill and has it got anything to do with George Foreman?
    Yeah, Knock the fat out of your car with the new George Foreman Grill.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

LOL

it's an AWD that engages the front axle only when required, so usually it's a RWD car. fully automatic, obviously. the difference with other cars is that usually there is always a minor torque transfer to the front axle (about 5% in Porsche 4 and Lamborghini) so to reduce the stress on the mechanical parts when more traction at the front axle is required, since those parts are already moving and would need to accelerate the less, with minor inertial stresses and impacts.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I have finally got it. It never came to be before till now.

If i love the handeling of the Skyline GTR 32 and the look of the Supra then why dont i combine the both. Put a GTR 32 motor into a Supra. The Supra will become AWD with the option of going 2WD if i feel like doing some drifting at some point in time.

I have read all your comments. I love the FD RX7 but i think i will have to sell my girlfriends grandmother to get one.

And i had a look at the 944 Porsche but honestly lets break it down. The Boxster is the poor man Porshce. And the 944 is the poor mans Boxster. I think i will save my heartache and wait till im wealthy enough to get the Porsche we know we all want

ohahaha I lulzed at this.

You are joking, right?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

*RB into supra speil*
    Theres a reason that not many people do that.

The 2JZ suits the toyota, its big, powerful, and indestructable.

The RB is much better matched to the Skyline.

If your in sydney I'll let you know when theres a meetup of imports - feel free to come out to any meetup and ask questions.

You'll see the better side of import ownership - away from chrome and neons.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information