Thread: Hamann Porsche Turbo (996)

Hamann Porsche Turbo (996)

HAMANN performance tuning for the top-of-the-line models of the 996 range is available in different stages. The HAMANN PT 480 Sportkit, which consists of a special ECU and a sport air filter, increases the maximum power of the current 911 Turbo from standard 420 hp / 309 kW to 480 hp / 353 kW. They also set great store on a powerful torque curve: The smallest HAMANN tuning stage increases the maximum torque from standard 560 Nm at 2,700 rpm to 720 Nm at 4,070 revs.

The HAMANN PT 505 Sportkit additionally contains a high performance exhaust system with sport metal-bed catalysts. Engine performance is improved to 505 hp / 371 kW and 740 Nm of maximum torque.

The similar HAMANN PT 520 Sportkit raises the maximum power of the GT 2 engine from standard 462 hp / 340 kW to 520 hp / 382 kW and 750 Nm of maximum torque.

The HAMANN PT 540 Sportkit is available for all 911 Turbo and GT 2 cars and additionally contains special exhaust manifolds and turbochargers. 540 hp / 397 kW and a maximum torque of 755 Nm end up in a maximum speed of 330 km/h.

The HAMANN PT 565 Sportkit for the GT 2 additionally contains modified camshaft timing. Then the watercooled 3.6 litre engine powers 565 hp / 415 kW at 6,800 rpm and a maximum torque of 770 Nm at 4,550 rpm.

The maximum tuning stage for both models is the HAMANN PT 620 Sportkit. The extensive engine conversion contains of a special recalibration of the ECU, a modified air induction system with sport air filter, the HAMANN stainless steel high performance exhaust system including metal-bed catalysts and special exhaust manifolds, bigger turbochargers, modified timing for the camshafts and sport outtake camshafts. A racing clutch is also installed to perfectly transmit the power.

The HAMANN PT 620 engine delivers 620 hp / 456 kW at 7,200 rpm and a maximum torque of 780 Nm at 4,550 rpm. Accordingly the road performances are unique: 0 – 100 km/h in 3.6 seconds, 0 – 200 km/h in 10.0 seconds, 0 – 300 km/h in 22.5 seconds and a maximum speed of 350 km/h make the HAMANN tuned Turbo or GT 2 one of the world's fastest street-legal sportscars.

To be able to safely drive at these extreme speeds the aerodynamics have to well-balanced and so the HAMANN designers developed sporty looking bodystyling parts which are also convincing because of their aerodynamic function.

The HAMANN front apron, which replaces the standard bumper, doesn't only have large air intakes for the coolers and the front brakes. In addition it has a polished shape to further reduce the lift on the front axle. In addition, the HAMANN COMPETITION front spoiler edge can be fitted on the new apron which further optimizes driving stability at high speeds.

The new HAMANN face for the 911 Turbo or GT 2 is also marked by the headlight moldings which optically subdivide the large standard headlights into single lamps.

The HAMANN side skirts with brake cooling intakes make coupe or convertible look lower and more stretched. HAMANN also upgrades the turbo models with engine air intakes in silver or black clear-coated Carbon. The HAMANN clear coated roof skin gives any 911 coupe a genuine racing look.

The back of the car is customized using the HAMANN rear wing, the subtle HAMANN roof spoiler and the HAMANN rear panel with integrated diffuser and air outtakes for the intercoolers.

In addition the look of the rear section is made more extraordinarily with the HAMANN 4-pipe sport exhaust system made from stainless steel.

The multi-piece HAMANN PG3 19-inch light alloy wheels also play a decisive part in the exclusive HAMANN look. These wheels can be driven on the 911 Turbo, Carrera 4 S and the GT 2 in the sizes 9Jx19 front and 11Jx19 or even 12Jx19 on the rear axle. They can be shod with high performance tires of the dimension 235/35 ZR 19 front and 315/25 ZR 19 rear.

The HAMANN lowering springs, the alternatively available height-adjustable HAMANN coil-over sport suspension and the HAMANN sport anti-roll bars for front and rear axle are specially set up for the 19-inch wheel/tire combination.

To upgrade the interior HAMANN offers exclusive Carbon panels for the dashboard, door panels and the center console, a ergonomically shaped HAMANN airbag-sport-steering-wheel and HAMANN aluminium pedals and footrest. On demand HAMANN also customizes all Porsche models with exclusive full leather trims in all colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Hamann Porsche 911 Turbo #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

The phrase Fast and the Furious comes to mind.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    The phrase Fast and the Furious comes to mind.
    The phrase,"Damn ricers ruined a porsche."comes to mind. Hamann really ruins the look of the cars they tune up.

forget the fact that it looks rice, how about the fact that its the first porsche to have glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    The phrase,"Damn ricers ruined a porsche."comes to mind. Hamann really ruins the look of the cars they tune up.
    i partially agree with u...i mean ok its not the best looking porsche out there but HAMMAN is NOT about looks... its about performance! but do not think all modified porsches are "ruined" take a look at gemballa's work and prepare to be amazed

PS. damn those rice boyz in the fast and the furieus... theyr all so furius but my GOD none of them is FAST!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    i partially agree with u...i mean ok its not the best looking porsche out there but HAMMAN is NOT about looks... its about performance! but do not think all modified porsches are "ruined" take a look at gemballa's work and prepare to be amazed

PS. damn those rice boyz in the fast and the furieus... theyr all so furius but my GOD none of them is FAST!
    I only ment that the Hamann tuned porsches look ugly.

Thread Information