Thread: best motoring 93 battle

best motoring 93 battle

http://videos.streetfire.net/recentv...2e018336bf.htm
    this video might change the way you were thiking about japan super cars.

Well it certainly changed the way i thought about the "heavy and underpowered" 3000gt. I've never driven one but it seems like a lot of people think the car is pretty slow.

heavy is not always = slow.m5 is a heavy car too but it's fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    That's because the M5 has a shedload of power to back it up. Weight makes a car slower ... fact.

we are talking about cornering.power makes no diffrence

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    If it is only slight cornering then yes, power does actually make a difference.

But in a real track with a good mix of corners and straights, what will you use when you've exited the corner for the next straight, your legs?

If you just want to go round corners quickly you'll get yourself a Lotus Exige, or maybe an S.

If you just want to go up straights quickly you'll get yourself a mightly American V6 or V8 and pray the straights are really, really straight.

This is why the NSX was so good. It was a good cornerer but when you left the corner it still had some to attack the straights a bit till the next corner. Very nicely balanced.

And 'Sige, sometimes adding weight means adding speed. An example: the Buggati Veyron. The only reason the Veyron can reach 252 mph is because it can stay stable at those speeds, which is down to the downforce and the weight. Now I know you might say the McLarenF1 did 242 mph some years ago and it was all jolly good while still being so light but owners site lift at extremely high speed making it dangerous and one bloke even reached the moon. So weight isn't always a bad thing, just most of the time.

Except the M5 isn't that great whyen you really push, it's just too heavy. That goes for the new one and the old one.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Yes, that is what I'm talking about. Let me make it more simple for you; weight makes a car slower, be it acceleration, top speed or cornering. END .. OF ... STORY.

@Spi: They didn't make the car heavier just for doing top speed .. That's what the undertray and general aerodynamics of the car is for. And as for the McLaren F1, the person who did 240.1mph in it actually mentioned that it was only between 232 and 236mph that the car became unstable. As it passed 236 it stabilised again. This is because of the aerodynamics of the car and how turbulence is briefly produced at certain speeds because the car cannot be made to accept all types of airflow, and thus you get blackspots such as that encountered on the McLaren. The McLaren F1 is considered an extremely stable car at high-speeds and low-speeds alike.
    Last edited by :Exige:; 09-03-2006 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Yes, that is what I'm talking about. Let me make it more simple for you; weight makes a car slower, be it acceleration, top speed or cornering. END .. OF ... STORY.

@Spi: They didn't make the car heavier just for doing top speed .. That's what the undertray and general aerodynamics of the car is for. And as for the McLaren F1, the person who did 240.1mph in it actually mentioned that it was only between 232 and 236mph that the car became unstable. As it passed 236 it stabilised again. This is because of the aerodynamics of the car and how turbulence is briefly produced at certain speeds because the car cannot be made to accept all types of airflow, and thus you get blackspots such as that encountered on the McLaren. The McLaren F1 is considered an extremely stable car at high-speeds and low-speeds alike.
    i know weight makes a car slower ,but what i was saying was when a car is heavy dosn't mean it's a slow car.

i know weight makes a car slower ,but what i was saying was when a car is heavy dosn't mean it's a slow car.
    Yes, and I was saying that to make a heavy car fast, you must give it alot of power to move that. In terms of cornering though, a heavy car IS slow, even if you distribute the weight evenly upon all 4 wheels.

Thread Information