Thread: bmw m3 2008 sedan

bmw m3 2008 sedan

Hi everyone, whats your opinion on the the new m3 sedan? Being some 15 grand cheaper than the coupe.that might be because it wont have the carbon roof,im very impressed with it but unsure of resale. should i wait 12 months and buy a used one? or just buy new? i broke my neck 2 years ago and need support as you could understand,and the m3 seats now even adjust your butt left n right cheek lol. it alot of cash but i would like some help on choosing, thoughts about this car.the other thing is i dont like merc's. thanks for your time cheers

Quote Originally Posted by COBRAXR8 View Post
    Hi everyone, whats your opinion on the the new m3 sedan? Being some 15 grand cheaper than the coupe.that might be because it wont have the carbon roof,im very impressed with it but unsure of resale. should i wait 12 months and buy a used one? or just buy new? i broke my neck 2 years ago and need support as you could understand,and the m3 seats now even adjust your butt left n right cheek lol. it alot of cash but i would like some help on choosing, thoughts about this car.the other thing is i dont like merc's. thanks for your time cheers
    Although I'm in no position of buying an M3 anytime soon, I would personally buy a used M3 coupe (E92). With high-dollar performance luxocars the depreciation hit is rather considerable so finding one in top-nick a few months/years down the line could save you a pretty penny. Between the coupe and the sedan, I just personally find the Coupe a much better looking model, with better performance. In the end it's up to you so your best bet would probably be to drive over to the dealership and see if you could arrange a test-drive in both models.

Good luck with the purchase in the future if you carry it out. The M3 is definitely a great purchase for a car enthusiast, just make sure you stay away from the BMW trend which turns you into the a**hole driver most people would observe.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Drivers Republic or EVO (does it matter?) thinks the Sedan is better than the Coupe.
    I'll see if I can find the article...

what about a BMW 550i?
    near in price, def more comfy, a lil less sporty
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I've driven it and it is all you expect it to be. And being a saloon makes you think it could even be a sensible family car.

The same day I also drove a 335i. That was impressive, very fast. Definitely makes the M3 hard to justify.

My advice? Go for a 335i with a manual. Nearly as fast as the M3, but more comfortable and cheaper to buy and run.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    330i e46. Can has.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Sedan is more practical, and definitely fast enough for the everyday runs. M3 coupe is ptless, and especially with someone who needs support, speed is probably the last thing to think of.

So out of the 2, I'd choose the sedan, not that it's a huge difference. But honestly, I wouldn't choose neither of them.

I love it. I've only driven the coupe but I've heard the sedan (due to the larger B pillar) actually drives better. It's also a little more of a Q-Car than the coupe.

How you buy it is up to you, but I suggest you buy one.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

So far you guys have been a great help,thanks heaps i dont want the coupe as ive sat in it and it was just a tad hard to get in and out. So it will have to be the sedan,which is due to be released here in Australia december if i order now i will recive it by march april 2009.

KLEMMEL.thanks for the fantastic site,now joined.lol

the sedan may as well be the spiritual successor to the old M5 imo, not a bad thing
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    the sedan may as well be the spiritual successor to the old M5 imo, not a bad thing
    But it is quite a lot smaller, isn't it?
    Visca Catalunya!

compared to the E39 i didn't think so? not on the inside anyway
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    compared to the E39 i didn't think so? not on the inside anyway
    Anyway I wouldn't say no to one, but I don't know it somewhat disappointed me.

Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic car, but it didn't impress me. It did what it was supposed to do, nothing more nothing less.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information