Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opel Vectra is more powerful than Ferrari Enzo

Post Opel Vectra is more powerful than Ferrari Enzo

Well,It seems that the amusements from european car manufacturers won't stop in the near future as this car from OPC demonstrates.
    Based on the Vectra GTS presented earlier at the 2003 Essen Motorshow Opel Performance Center has presented its version of the Vectra which has the following characteristics:
    Twin-Turbo Charged CDTI Ecotec Straight 4 cyl. diesel engine with a displacement of 1.9 litres that is capable of delivering 212 bhp and peak torque of more than 400 Nm from as low as 1400 rpm.
    The days of slow sleezy diesels are over as this beauty needs a mere 6.5 secs to reach its first 100 KMH while the top speed is limited to 250 kmh.
    For drivers concerned with economics this car consumes only 6 litres for every 100 km assuring opel's capibility of producing high performance yet economical cars.
    As for the title,figures show that this tiny 1.9 twin turbo charged diesel Vectra has an output power of 112 bhp per liter.Comparing this figure with that of the Enzo we find that the V12 6.0-liter gasoline engine in the Ferrari develops only 110 bhp/liter.
    Viva la Vectra !!

Article originally published on UltimateCarPage.com

Last edited by kinan.f; 11-27-2003 at 08:18 AM.

just 1400rpm ... its incredible
    Fire Bangle ­­or give me back MY M5 and don't touch the M3

Exclamation Incredible

I stil not belive but...... i like more the enzo
    Attached Images Attached Images

it may be more powerfull but the enzo kicks its a$$ in looks
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

It's a bit of a funny comparison but the facts about the diesel are correct. It once more proves the way to go. High output and low mileage.

i like the car a lot, but a fail to see the point of this thread?? if you are comparing bhp/L then wouldnt the s2000 win hands down???
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Power per unit of displacement is completely irrelevent if there is no limit on the displacement itself. What determines the quality of the engine has much more to do with weight balance (ie. low center of gravity), the mass of the engine, and how much power it produces in ralation with how efficient it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Power per unit of displacement is completely irrelevent if there is no limit on the displacement itself. What determines the quality of the engine has much more to do with weight balance (ie. low center of gravity), the mass of the engine, and how much power it produces in ralation with how efficient it is.
    Is this a complicated way of saying that the Opel has a much more efficient engine than the Honda? What do you mean by centre of gravity of an engine?

Quote Originally Posted by bum-man
    i like the car a lot, but a fail to see the point of this thread?? if you are comparing bhp/L then wouldnt the s2000 win hands down???
    Of course I'm not comparing the Enzo to Opel but I'm pointing out the fact that Diesel cars shouldn't be underestimated concerning performance figures.

o no doubt! diesel RULES!!!
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    it may be more powerfull but the enzo kicks its a$$ in looks
    Are you blind? It is clear that the designers were the enzo is HIDEOUS.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

I've never been a huge fan of the Enzo styling. For an everyday car, this thing is pretty nice. I didn't care for the new Vectra when it first came out, but I'm finding them to be more and more appealing, especially after seeing pics like these...
    Gemballa's Porsches, Simply the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Is this a complicated way of saying that the Opel has a much more efficient engine than the Honda? What do you mean by centre of gravity of an engine?
    Well, I'm saying a few general things about engines, not really trying to complare any particular ones at all...

By center of gravity, I mean something like a flat 6, which can be mounted much lower, has a much better weight distribution than that of a V6. This is a fairly minor thing, though.

Comparing an Natrually Aspirated engine with a Forced Induction engine won't give you a very usfull result. Clearly that an engine with a turbo can have little displacement but still give out enormous Bhp.

I understand that your using this comparrision to demonstrate the Vectra's power.

When you say "V12 6.0-liter gasoline engine in the Ferrari develops only 110 bhp/liter". You say "only 110 bhp/litre". The M3 does 112 bhp/litre and it has been well documented about its huge output.
    Performance can Seduce

I think people are missing the point. The Vectra is making more BHP/litre than the Ferrari using a diesel engine, something that is not usually associated with a performance engine.

Thread Information