Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superformance Corvette Grand Sport

Superformance Corvette Grand Sport

Superformance Corvette Grand Sport

THE CORVETTE® GRAND SPORT HISTORY

In 1962, with the blessing of Chevrolet’s senior management, Zora Arkus-Duntov initiated a program to create a competitive road racer based on the newly designed Corvette C-2 Stingray™.

Duntov’s objective was to use the element of surprise to unleash 125 high horsepower, superior handling race cars to the international road racing community. He based his racer on the footprint of a street capable/legal car.

The Corvette Grand Sport racer eventually qualified as a GT production car within the realms governing international rules and regulations. However, on hearing of Duntov’s plan to make the racer available to independent road racers, albeit without the official G.M. endorsement, G.M. executives stopped the program with immediate effect.

At this point in time, only 5 corvettes had been completed. General Motors instructed Duntov to destroy all the prototypes. However, miraculously, all the prototypes escaped destruction. Elusively, these rare Corvette Grand Sports were to establish their place in automobile racing history, via responsible and passionate private racers. The heritage of the Corvette Grand Sport was thereby preserved for future generations.

PRESENTLY

The original Corvette Grand Sports are all privately owned or held within private collections. These racers are extremely high in value and are jealously coveted. Their value is determined by an element of mystique, the mystery of the unknown… Had this rarity been tested, who knows what might have been?

The opportunity to own and share in the Corvette Grand Sport experience is now finally within your grasp… Superformance and Duntov Motor Company have painstakingly reproduced the chassis, body parts and all accessories needed to replicate this extraordinary car.

YES… The SUPERFORMANCE CORVETTE GRAND SPORT coupe or roadster can now be yours. This spectacular dream street car will be offered as a complete TKM [turn key minus] unit, awaiting your personal choice of engine and transmission. Technical originality will be observed with discipline and precision.

Engines:

ENGINES and TRANSMISSIONS
    The Corvette Grand Sport originally raced with several different engines with Muncie 4 speed Manual transmissions. In its racing debut early in 1963, the car sported a production 360 HP, 327 CID fuel injected motor and a “stock” appearance. The most serious factory engine was a 377 cubic inch displacement, all-aluminum small block with four Weber sidedraft carburetors, rated 550 hp (410 kW) at 6400 rpm.

ENGINE OPTIONS
    Through our GMPP partner a variety of GM crate engine options from small to big blocks are available.

CONSTRUCTION
    Factory built and assembled by one of the world’s largest specialty car manufacturers, you will be assured of the same quality, continuity and attention to detail offered in every Superformance product.

• Original fiberglass fabricated body parts allowing for weight reduction
    • Tubular steel frame construction
    • Chassis situated on 15” X 8” front and 15” X 10” real knock off wheels and Goodyear tires.
    • Original interior replica… Featuring custom upholstered seats, interior carpeting, lap type seat belts, a wood rim steering wheel and original style shifter.

EXCLUSIONS: engine, transmission, or driveshaft.

http://www.superformancedistribution.com/Corvette.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Superformance Corvette Grand Sport #02
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

i approve of this message.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't use a Corvette as a base, it's a whole new car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't use a Corvette as a base, it's a whole new car?
    yup, a genuine replica it seems.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You can see all Superformance cars here:

Superformance | Home

thats kinda what they do. build nearly exact replicas from scratch. and they generally do very good work as well.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

It is a great builder of South Africa makes great reproductions of classic sports 60

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    550 bhp? nice.... Very well done replicas too.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Superformance Corvette Grand Sport #03

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    for pennies a day, you can contribute to the Marney's First Car Foundation.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I imagine you're going to need a little more than mere pennies there, Marney.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    its so purdy though!! it may be a replica, but its so beautiful!!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information