Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 4 championship on UCP

Cool idea mustang123 !!!

Why dont we start next week with GT3 ... its one idea ..... whath you think ?
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

Quote Originally Posted by stratos
    Cool idea mustang123 !!!

Why dont we start next week with GT3 ... its one idea ..... whath you think ?
    HA yeah i suppose that we could do, if i can then i will get it set up for starting on sunday night. so anyone that wants to enter send me a Pm.

i will post on sunday who is entered and what tracks and cars we will be using

then as soon as Gt4 comes out we can change to that.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I will be up for that when GT4 comes out.I haven`t played Gran Turismo for 2 years but I was the irish champion of GT1 and came 4th in the Europeans....i will get back into practice if this thing on sundays works out.It will be fun.
    "I am/I can"

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer255
    I will be up for that when GT4 comes out.I haven`t played Gran Turismo for 2 years but I was the irish champion of GT1 and came 4th in the Europeans....i will get back into practice if this thing on sundays works out.It will be fun.

if you have GT3 then you can enter the new GT3 comp untill GT4 is out
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    ...problem is that you would prob have to have one hell of a graphics card and all the latest drivers for your pc.
    Today's cheap, run of the mill graphics cards have more processing power than the whole PS2 !
    The PS2 is really old technology - but stable and consistent, which is it's BIG plus.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Today's cheap, run of the mill graphics cards have more processing power than the whole PS2 !
    The PS2 is really old technology - but stable and consistent, which is it's BIG plus.
    suppose but i think it is something like £90-120 for a good card here, which is the same price as a PS2 with games or Xbox with games

my fastest car in GT3 is the suzuki pikes peak, i dont race in it, i just have a hoon on the test track... (even then i have to slow down for the corners) my top speed in it is something like 1687 kmh! there is a way you can do that by the set up. it gets the car into a mono (wheely) whatever you want to call it) and it just rockets along... i dont see how it works but its sweet!

do any of you guys actually take the time to set up the car? ie ratios, etc?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    my fastest car in GT3 is the suzuki pikes peak, i dont race in it, i just have a hoon on the test track... (even then i have to slow down for the corners) my top speed in it is something like 1687 kmh! there is a way you can do that by the set up. it gets the car into a mono (wheely) whatever you want to call it) and it just rockets along... i dont see how it works but its sweet!

do any of you guys actually take the time to set up the car? ie ratios, etc?

WOW are you sure that you got it to go that fast, i have never seen it go that fast b4, i got it to do a wheelie at 200kmh and then i had to slow down round the corners so that the turning wheels could tough the ground

its a hidden "egg" in the game, any car with a big enough wing, can go double its hp if its set up right in a mono... i think thats right, and yes i did... its was for like 2 seconds though, then i had to haul the beast in to TRY to turn the carner... ive forgoten how to do the set up right though... so i will have to search the net to find the right set up for it, then i can post for you guys to try...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    its a hidden "egg" in the game, any car with a big enough wing, can go double its hp if its set up right in a mono... i think thats right, and yes i did... its was for like 2 seconds though, then i had to haul the beast in to TRY to turn the carner... ive forgoten how to do the set up right though... so i will have to search the net to find the right set up for it, then i can post for you guys to try...

please try and find it that would be amazing i didnt know about that

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    if you have GT3 then you can enter the new GT3 comp untill GT4 is out

heres a start: someone try beating my time of 1:03.5 around Laguna Seca in either the Polyphony 001 or 002
    I am the Stig

DAMN YOU FPV!!! laguna seca is my fav track, my top time is 1:03.7!!! hahahaha
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Wow fpv, I think I have about 1:04.something in the F687S or F094S.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

well guys, ive got some good news, and some bad news for you all......

the good news (this is for your remember, so its bad news for me), that my 001 doesnt consisntently run 1:03.5. I have on about 3 occasions reached that time. At first i averaged around the 1:05's, but after a modification to my LSD Acceleration, my averages dropped to 1:04's.

now.....the bad news. recently, my 001 has reacted quite well to some slight gearing changes to the final drive (i changed the original of about 4.025 down to 3.85) and since Laguna Seca has alot of short straights, well theres an improvement. Although after a testing period of about 20 laps around Laguna Seca, my lack of form right about now only allowed for me to get a 1:03.75, the first full lap i went out i got a 1:04.4. From then on, i was getting significant gains in the first 2 sectors, whilst i flunked out in the final 2. around lap 15 i peaked or something, because based on my control time, i got -0.8 seconds through the first sector, moved onto -1.9 seconds for the second sector, -1.6 for the 3rd sector and finished -0.6 seconds from my control time which got me the 1:0375 odd time. hopefully over the weekend i'll give it another attempt and see whether my form has changed, as im having trouble negotiating the corkscrew and the final 2 tunrs ive been doing a bit too much curb hopping so im getting no traction out of the corners, and im also not exiting the corners where i want to
    I am the Stig

I ran the same track with the 94s: first lap was a 1:03.067 the second was a 1:01.547.

Thread Information