Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Mercedes SLK

The new Mercedes SLK

Mercedes SLK-Class
    With the completely newly developed Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class, one of the most exciting and successful sports cars ever built is entering its third generation. The new roadster uncompromisingly takes driving pleasure and open-air enjoyment to a new level. It blends light-footed sportiness with stylish comfort, a striking sports-car design with total suitability for everyday use, top performance with exemplary ecology. What's more, the Mercedes-Benz SLK is proud to present the world premiere of the panoramic vario-roof with MAGIC SKY CONTROL, which switches to light or dark at the touch of a button. Exemplary efficiency and sporty flair come courtesy of powerful new 4- and 6-cylinder engines featuring the standard-specification ECO start/stop function. With their superb levels of performance they are up to 25 percent more economical than their predecessors. And a unique set of safety equipment bestows role-model status on the SLK in this segment. With its wealth of technical innovations the Mercedes-Benz SLK is once again the benchmark in its class.

"The new SLK embodies the role of the trend-setter like no other car", says Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars. "I am convinced that with its passionate design, its high-quality interior and its modesty at the filling station it will continue to provide an enormous amount of fun on the road in future, too, consolidating its status as a cult roadster."

Mercedes-Benz-SLK-Class_2012_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

There will initially be three models of the Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class available at its market launch, all of them powered by new engines with direct injection. The four-cylinder engines in the SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY and SLK 250 BlueEFFICIENCY develop 135 kW (184 hp) and 150 kW (204 hp) respectively from a displacement of 1796 cubic centimetres. The SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY is the most economical roadster in its segment. With the enhanced, optional seven-speed automatic transmission 7G‑TRONIC PLUS it consumes just 6.1 litres of premium petrol (NEDC, combined) over 100 kilometres (that corresponds to 142 g of CO2 per kilometre). The frugal model sprints from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.0 seconds, and achieves its top speed at 237 km/h (240 km/h with manual transmission).

The SLK 250 BlueEFFICIENCY is equipped as standard with the 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission and consumes only 6.2 litres (NEDC, combined) over 100 kilometres (144 g of CO2 per kilometre). From a standstill it reaches 100 km/h in 6.6 seconds, and it has a top speed of 243 km/h.

The V6 engine in the SLK 350 BlueEFFICIENCY draws 225 kW (306 hp) from its 3498 cubic-centimetre displacement, using this power to accelerate in 5.6 seconds from 0 to 100 km/h (top speed 250 km/h). Its consumption is 7.1 litres (NEDC, combined) over 100 kilometres (167 g of CO2 per kilometre). The V6 engine has been completely newly developed. Its most important hallmarks are its 3rd-generation direct injection, piezo injectors and multi-spark ignition.

The exemplary efficiency, with fuel consumption reduced by up to a quarter compared with the predecessor models, is also due to the ECO start/stop system which is fitted as part of the standard specification in all models.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 01-14-2011 at 12:29 AM.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I like this car, way better than the last one with that big ugly schnozz for a hood bulge. I like the tuff looking front fascia, kind of has a masculine Dodge Ram appeal to it...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I'd rather eat glass than be caught driving a car with "panoramic vario-roof with MAGIC SKY CONTROL".
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I'd rather eat glass than be caught driving a car with "panoramic vario-roof with MAGIC SKY CONTROL".
    why, this sounds to me like a ground breaking option.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ewww HATE IT. it looks like a poorly designed block derby car that Boy Scouts race

I like it better than the last generation, but basically every SLK has been both ugly and shitty.

It's looking like the new 55AMG will get an atmo 5.5 V8, rather than the twin-turbo version. Which is both good and bad. Good, because AMG make some sweet atmo motors, but bad because a twin-turbo 5.5 V8 in a SLK? Ohgodyes.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

It looks good, except for the grille and the DRLs.

Also, only the base model with a manual? Sportscar-fail...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

looks like the old SL
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Sportscar-fail...
    Sportscar-fail = M-B in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Sportscar-fail = M-B in general.
    I would tend to agree except that the naughty sound of the V8s in AMG versions almost saves them. Almost.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    looks like the old SL
    Looks like a mini-SLS. The similarities are very obvious.
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

I actually like the older model a bit more...

at least this new SLK is not trying to look like a SLR unlike the old SLK
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    at least this new SLK is not trying to look like a SLR unlike the old SLK
    Making it look like the old halo car that has recently been discontinued would've been a silly idea.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information