Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    could you be a united states and monecian citizen and live in england? becaause i really like the idea of saving hundreds of thousands a year
    of course, but then you would pay UK taxes
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

could you be a monecian citizen and live in england?
    How do you mean? You wouldn't get the tax benefits of Monte Carlo citizenship if you then went and lived in England, so there wouldn't be much point. It works the other way of course, that's why the likes of David Coulthard, Jenson Button, Giancarlo Fisichella etc live in Monaco despite not coming from there.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

how much market for a very upscale restaurant do you think there is in monte carlo?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

how much market for a very upscale restaurant do you think there is in monte carlo?
    the rich will go for any new hype, important is to remain interesting enough to focus their attention a little longer.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think it would have to be something absolutely remarkable to make an impression with a new restaurant in Monte Carlo. ALL restaurants in Monte Carlo are gonna be pretty much at the top of the quality/price scale. There'll be a small potential customer base with a VERY crowded and competitive marketplace. The chances of long-term success would be minimal unless you're already a celebrity chef or something like that.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

It depends on how much money you have, and how famous you are. For your plans, I say it'd be next to impossible.

i was near the french riviera this holidays, i was on corsica. really beatifull place.

and about the monaco - they're tax free country so everybody would like to live there, right?
    but it's not that easy these days to become a citizen of monaco, you have to be approved by the king of monaco and you have to spend at least 1/3 a year in the country
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    It depends on how much money you have, and how famous you are. For your plans, I say it'd be next to impossible.
    what do you mean? what are 'my plans'?

is it hard to live in monaco? doesnt zeturbo live there?
    ZeTurbo lives in Montreal, which is a large city (3+ million) in Quebec.

oh...then is he from monaco? i could have sworn someone here is from/lives there

I've been in Monacco, back in March. what a way to make a guy feel poor, lol
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

These are the requirements to acquite Monégasque citizenship:

- Taking Monégasque nationality will cause him to lose his previous nationality. There is no way to keep your US citizenship. Also if you move back to the US you lose your Monégasque citizenship.
    -Naturalization will definitely relieve him/her of the obligation to perform military service abroad.
    -He/sge has resided ten years in the Principality after reaching the age of twenty one; this residence must be unbroken and in effect at the moment the request for naturalization is made and not be mere residence at an earlier period. (unless the Prince judges you worthy)
    -Decisions rejecting or deferring the request are not subject to appeal.

IIRC you have to have a Monégasque employer or be an employer to other Monégasques to get in these days. But I'm not 100% sure.

Or you could just marry a Monégasque. Oh and be sure to that you speak French. The French bureaucracy doesn't adapt itself to non French speaking people so don't except the Monaco bureaucracy to do so.

As for the Côte d'Azur/riviera. It's pretty nice altough it's getting a bit too touristico for my tastes these days.

The Eden Roc in Cap d'Antibes (name of the village) is a cool hotel if you can afford it (and if you can even book a room). Prices are à la tête du client, meaning that they will chargy you what they want depending on their mood or who you are, if you're a big celebrity you can even stay for free sometimes. They have no official room rates. Check out the list of celebrities who stayed there. Pretty impressive. (http://www.edenroc-hotel.fr/) I paid 25 euros for a Coke there once.

You don`t need to have a monegasque citizenship to live in monaco and pay less taxes. To get the taxfree deal you have to be born in monaco, in a monegasq family. If you move there (home adresse monaco, norwegian citizenship), like Petter Solberg f.ex, you pay tax, but not so bloody much you have to pay in Norway.
    And it`s almoste impossible to buy appartments or any real estate there.. Costs alot! Most people rent theire appartments down there..
    Ihave a frienddown there, and he isn`t extremely rich, ofcourse wealthy, but not murcie-rols-ferrari-rich. And he is from Norway. With Norwegian citizenchip
    And the riviera is beutiful You have to go there some day MP

oh...then is he from monaco? i could have sworn someone here is from/lives there
    F1_Master has family in Monaco, and stays there for like a month every year IIRC.

Thread Information