View Poll Results: Will you buy this game??

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 83.33%
  • NO

5 16.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 4

Quote Originally Posted by ZerK
    I don't have a PS2, so my immediate answer would be no. But I'll most likely test it at a mates place and see of it's worth buying a PS2 for. They'll have to have done some serious improvements to the handling from GT3 to convince me. TVR Tuscan Speed 6, all that power to the rear wheels... and I couldn't get the tail out In fact, the only car with any real slidability was the 'Vette C5R Still, the ability to scoot round in all those cars at will (almost) sounds very attractive

obviously you havent tried a fully tuned AU XR8 race car. ive spent many an hour just doing burnouts and donuts on the test track in GT3, whatching the rear end kick out and see those bright gold rims i had fitted spin furiously looking for grip
    I am the Stig

TVR Tuscan Speed 6, all that power to the rear wheels... and I couldn't get the tail out
    hate to break a dream but it's not THAT easy to get TVR's sideways. They've good balance and handling. You have to either unbalance it with a dab of brakes going to an apex and then all power or a little "scandinavian flick".
    If you watch most TV presenters testing cars you'll see them use this to get those great sideways shots - Clarkson does it all the time.
    In fact, the only car with any real slidability was the 'Vette C5R
    Believable - see comments above re TVR not doing it

I was was reading ps2 mag, and a saw a pic of a mclaren f1 ....
    it was a longtail gtr, the one with FINA on it.

That car list seems too long, more like a wish list. I'll wait till the game comes out to see the real list

do you think ????

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    hate to break a dream but it's not THAT easy to get TVR's sideways. They've good balance and handling. You have to either unbalance it with a dab of brakes going to an apex and then all power or a little "scandinavian flick".
    That's exactly what I was doing. Even when I did manage to get the tail out of line with help from the handbrake), it had a habit of snapping back into line no matter what I tried to keep it out. Almost FWD-like...

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    obviously you havent tried a fully tuned AU XR8 race car. ive spent many an hour just doing burnouts and donuts on the test track in GT3, whatching the rear end kick out and see those bright gold rims i had fitted spin furiously looking for grip
    Well, sounds like you would be running on bald tyres so it figures really.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Honda Prelude Si VTEC 1991
    I own the American Spec of this car and it's not VTEC, was a foreign version produced with VTEC?
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i think it's stupid that it is on on PS2 also, if sony made it for other systems, they wouldn't make less money, but i'm wanting to buy a PS2 just for this game, so i guess sony won this round.
    Politics. Sony buys exclusive rights to the game, so that people have to buy a playstation to play it, and later, buy more PS2 games.

I have Sega GT 2002 for the Xbox and its probably the closest I've played to turismo. It has a good selection of cars(not 500), but the realism is accurate and the graphics are crisp. The only thing that it lacks is tracks. It has about 10 courses.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Well, sounds like you would be running on bald tyres so it figures really.

umm, you cant experience tyre wear whilst doing a maximum speed test, as far as i know they only put tyre wear in on the endurance races
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Doza
    Politics. Sony buys exclusive rights to the game, so that people have to buy a playstation to play it, and later, buy more PS2 games.

I have Sega GT 2002 for the Xbox and its probably the closest I've played to turismo. It has a good selection of cars(not 500), but the realism is accurate and the graphics are crisp. The only thing that it lacks is tracks. It has about 10 courses.
    i like XBOX a lot more than PS2, but all the things that GT4 has, more tracks than GT2 and 3, plus all the cars that GT2 lacked, i'm probably going to buy both of them though.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Probably the most fun I had in GT3 was after I finished all the races ('cept those Time Trials in Arcade... God those are hard, for some reason...) I bought a Viper GTS, bumped it to about 500 horses, took off the traction control and did lap after lap on Laguna Seca, sliding through the corkscrew...

Now I wait patiently for GT4. Finally I have a reason to buy an online adapter!
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

woot the gt fanboys wet-dream

this is great , i spent hours perfectly tuning each and every one of my cars
    now i have a reason to live again
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

I have a GrandTurismo site where we race and the last I heard that the car list is closer to 900. As soon as it is out I am setting my site up to race live on line!

i will buy this game the day it comes out. gt3 is already more than anyone could ask for. gt4 will be a gift from the sony gods

Just one question

Does anybody get to 100% in gt3 ?

Thread Information