Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MG XPower SV 2003-2005

I just gotta say, IMO... side vents OR roof vents, not both.

Quote Originally Posted by gregvl52
    I just gotta say, IMO... side vents OR roof vents, not both.
    no roof vents

Bonnet ?
    Presumably they're pulling too much air in to cool the engine that they couldn't let ALL of it release over the roof of the car and inducing HUGE lift
    Could also be to provide exit for improved brake cooling without losing ground effect.

More than likely the designer got carried away with his crayons like most 10 year old
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    no roof vents

Bonnet ?
    Presumably they're pulling too much air in to cool the engine that they couldn't let ALL of it release over the roof of the car and inducing HUGE lift
    Could also be to provide exit for improved brake cooling without losing ground effect.

More than likely the designer got carried away with his crayons like most 10 year old

To me that car seems a little pointless and overcooked. It's not futuristic, neither retro. And I guess no one except a rich person without any knowledge about cars, would spend thousand's over a modern MG.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    To me that car seems a little pointless and overcooked. It's not futuristic, neither retro. And I guess no one except a rich person without any knowledge about cars, would spend thousand's over a modern MG.
    Having seen the SV on track "in the flesh" I can tell you that it's a brave move by MG.
    It's a truly nice car. Only saw it from the outside but it was showing itself VERY capable. See http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ight=knockhill
    The big question is whether people will buy into an MG at that price when the company image is slipping back.
    Remember that MG has been doing VERY well in Le Mans and GT races and even their rallyiing is holding it's own and their BTCC was very successful ( though got better AFTER they stopped factory support )

Besides ANY car that beats Clarkson on the skull gets a vote from me
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    And I guess no one except a rich person without any knowledge about cars, would spend thousand's over a modern MG.
    The ZR, ZS. ZT and ZT-T are all good cars, especially whn you consider their age. The only concern would be the company going bust, but now Shanghai Automotive look set to buy MG Rover and invest heavily.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information