Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matra Sports Team : official launch

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    See I told you I told you I told you I saw a puddy cat!

Lol, Matra GT3's... Nice job! And you just had to squeeze that flag in there hadn't you...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Matra Sports have completed negitations and proud to ressurrect the sponsors and support from the Le Mans wins of 1968.

SEV-Marchal are offical lighting supplier and Good Year will be providing the tyres as they did for Matra when they were 1-2-3 at Le Mans. The COmplete recing livery is now released and seen on the practice circuits.

( PS: Thanks to daughter who wanted to learn how to use Autodesk, so we made a LOT LOT more enjoy )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

contact MatraSport for commercial use of these images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i cant change the wheels for you ingame though mate, it will still be Pirelli's ingame..
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    i cant change the wheels for you ingame though mate, it will still be Pirelli's ingame..
    Bummer ... so can you do the driver overals ?
    Daughter is making some posing models of drivers, so will likely do a material to match mine

( PM or msn me why not on the wheels. It looks liek they ARE all in the model extracted )

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Bummer ... so can you do the driver overals ?
    Daughter is making some posing models of drivers, so will likely do a material to match mine

( PM or msn me why not on the wheels. It looks liek they ARE all in the model extracted )

driver overals is possible ofcourse.

the wheel thing, yes you can edit the wheels in 3ds, but 3ds is just a model of the GTR cars which needs the graphics for all things included in the model (including wheels, dash, engine, bottom of the car, rollcage etc etc) So you can edit thoses graphics for display in 3ds, but you cant use these ingame.

Another reason why its not possible, the GT3 cupcars are limited to pirelli's in reallife, and thusfor, they are limited in GTR. It's not just the look which makes the car have michelins, GTR is so sophisticated that there is a significant margin between the different tires!

Dunlops:
    Most forgiving, heats up quickly, more low-speed grip with higher fall off at high loads.
    Needs most camber of the bunch. Softest spring rate. Medium wear. Highest rolling drag.
    Peak temperature of 99C.
    Michelin:
    The most precise tyre. Needs least amount of camber. Heats up relatively quickly (but a
    bit more slowly than the Dunlops). Features average grip with low fall off at high loads.
    Stiffest tyre with highest spring rate. Lowest rolling drag. Best wear. Peak temperature of
    99C. Probably the fastest over long runs.
    Pirelli:
    Highest base grip once it gets up to temperature. This is the most sensitive tyre to temperature,
    so it feels like it takes a bit longer to warm up. Medium rolling drag, medium
    stiffness spring rate. Worst wear. Peak temperature of 105C.

michelins are the best tires, but are no option for use under the cup GT3 (since none of the cup GT3's are on michelins)

in other words, the only things you can change, are the body and driver templates i provided, all other things which you can change in 3dsmax, is only for show. GTR doesnt use 3dsmax to import its models

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

driver overals is possible ofcourse.....GTR doesnt use 3dsmax to import its models
    I was assuming that the re-creation of the GTR models would have allowed for the inclusion of the tyres and wheels like GPL did

NO way was I going to even try guessing at modelling the dynamic characteristics Notice how MatraSport press release said they are running a "modified" engine, well that's all BS innit

Few, thank goodness for the ovies being in as she has the first "standing" driver pose done already. Just miffed that I want to have crossed arms and arm on roof alternatives

Few, thank goodness for the ovies being in as she has the first "standing" driver pose done already. Just miffed that I want to have crossed arms and arm on roof alternatives
    lol, make sure you look at the overals in 3ds first though, there some things are mirrored!

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

lol, make sure you look at the overals in 3ds first though, there some things are mirrored!
    We did already when I was teaching her how to edit meshes. See attached as her guide to mapping hte texture file to the surfaces
    There's nothing mirrored.
    You sure you're thinking GTR ? Or is the .max file only a poor approximation for the game ? The only big problem is that they didnt' include the back in the mesh. So any poses are frontal only for now Whether she sticks at it and does what I've asked is yet to be seen - ie a much more detailed mesh

We did already when I was teaching her how to edit meshes. See attached as her guide to mapping hte texture file to the surfaces
    There's nothing mirrored.
    You sure you're thinking GTR ?
    i think i've made an error myself then

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Guest Guest
    why is the text text on your helmet in comic sans?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    why is the text text on your helmet in comic sans?
    why wouldnt it be, its his own helmet?

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Was it supposed to be a different font? He can mak it whatever he wants jack

EDIT: Grr, roy, your internet is too fast, stupid lagging over here

Thread Information