Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Camaro (5th gen) 2009-2015

I didn't know where to post this, btw, a white Camaro, with a single exhaust on the left, has been spotted in northern Italy, while testing with some light camos.
    the plate is an Italian provisional one.

source, shi**y autoblog.it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

So does this mean we are getting it?

Single exahust ---> With a smallish engine?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    So does this mean we are getting it?

Single exahust ---> With a smallish engine?
    I didn't find real rumors but just some guesses.
    probably, it would use the 2.0 turbo petrol engine as the base model, up to something with a 3 liter V6. bigger it wouldn't make sense with our gas price, insurance and so on.
    and also, it wouldn't fit the image Opel has (opel=corsa)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I didn't find real rumors but just some guesses.
    probably, it would use the 2.0 turbo petrol engine as the base model, up to something with a 3 liter V6. bigger it wouldn't make sense with our gas price, insurance and so on.
    and also, it wouldn't fit the image Opel has (opel=corsa)
    Well the image of Chevrolet is arguably even worse, since Chevrolet = Daewoo here.

I remember months ago there were rumours of chevrolet putting the turbo four in the Camaro for the US. Maybe they want to test how would the sales go here and then decide?
    Visca Catalunya!

Well the image of Chevrolet is arguably even worse, since Chevrolet = Daewoo here.

I remember months ago there were rumours of chevrolet putting the turbo four in the Camaro for the US. Maybe they want to test how would the sales go here and then decide?
    yeah, right, I don't know why I said Opel, I was thinking about Chevrolet.
    the car has to be cheap, otherwise the importation market would ruin them, considering you can have a V6 Mustang for about 30/35.000 €, I guess an imported base Camaro would cost about the same, even irrc the cheaper Camaro doesn't have ABS which is mandatory here.
    btw, yeah, the 2 lietr turbo is likely the one.
    are they going to sell it here? don't know. I don't think this is just a mule testing the engine for the US market, since it would have made a lot more sense with a german (Opel) plate.
    considering the images Chevrolet has here in EU, I don't know if the Camaro would be interesting, apart for those who could want it even trough an importation.
    besides, considering how much it weights, the 2 liter from the Opel GT could be insufficient too.

In order to avoid the image problem they could do the same they did with the Corvette, sell it as a separate brand. Or at least in Cadillac-Corvette dealers.
    Visca Catalunya!

In order to avoid the image problem they could do the same they did with the Corvette, sell it as a separate brand. Or at least in Cadillac-Corvette dealers.
    could be a good idea, but I can't imagine a "Camaro" brand, nor a Corvette Camaro.
    Cadillac has already enough issues by itself, I think I saw only an SRX and a BLS so far in, how much, 5 years in EU?

Is that a trailer hitch receiver on it?

So if the new one is a big coupe here, does that make it pretty huge there, or do you guys still just consider it big? Oh, and leon, it would have to have ABS, unless they took it off for the european market because it's required here as a safety feature on pretty much all new cars.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post

So if the new one is a big coupe here, does that make it pretty huge there, or do you guys still just consider it big? Oh, and leon, it would have to have ABS, unless they took it off for the european market because it's required here as a safety feature on pretty much all new cars.
    that does look like a hitch receiver. that would be a weird feature on a camaro (although it would be cool to tow your race camaro to the track with a new camaro). if you look close though, it doesnt look to be on there very straight. maybe its just there for load testing.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

the car would be pretty big for our markets.
    a neighborer of the gf has a Mustang pre restyling.
    it's damn huge, especially when I see it in the traffic and not just parked.

about the ABS, I remember reading somewhere, maybe leftlanenews, the car (or was it the Challenger?) didn't have the ABS in the cheaper version.
    here is mandatory since 2003 iirc, don't know state side how it is.

about the ABS, I remember reading somewhere, maybe leftlanenews, the car (or was it the Challenger?) didn't have the ABS in the cheaper version.
    here is mandatory since 2003 iirc, don't know state side how it is.
    I thought it was the same, but I'm not finding anything on the subject. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I thought it was the same, but I'm not finding anything on the subject. Maybe I'm wrong.
    I checked too, it seems both Camaro and Challenger has ABS as standard in all their versions and trims.

I checked too, it seems both Camaro and Challenger has ABS as standard in all their versions and trims.
    Bah, I should have thought to check that. I was trying to find safety regulations. I haven't been up long, so my brains not working real well.
    Big cities suck

If you think a pre-05 Mustang is damn huge.....the new Camaro will seem like an oil tanker by comparison.

As wwgkd said, even alot of ppl here in the US think the new Camaro is too big/heavy.....as with the Challenger.

BTW, the trailer hitch in that photo is something you see on alot of test mule cars. It's definitely not gonna be on the production vehicle.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I can attest to that. The Challenger is absolutely massive. It looks like someone hit it with too much growth hormone early on in the development cycle - like it's 110% its normal size. Coming back from a long SRT8 test drive, the Challenger made my, at the time, stock GT feel light and nimble in comparison. Me mate said the same.

And yes, same goes for the Camaro. I was surprised. Very. It's about the size of a BMW 6-series, but looks even bigger than that because of it's aggressive retro design with a high hip line, etc.
    Turning money into memories.

Thread Information