Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 (ZH) 2004-2007

Sporty and Kia Sould in the same suggestion? Are you sure?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Sporty and Kia Sould in the same suggestion? Are you sure?
    I said funky actually. Sporty was her generic request, which for a non petrol head means "not a minivan or an estate either".
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i have no idea how to respond to that... but yes she drives a crossfire. she had a 300M before it, and liked it a lot, so she wanted to stay with chrysler but wanted something small and sporty. and red. the last red sporty car she has was the E30 which i wrecked promptly after getting my license.
    Not meaning to be offensive, but it fits the bill of "quick and exclusive but clueless about good cars" that most Cougarmobiles fit.

See also Mercedes SLK (first Gen).
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Well, it's the same car. That has to count for something.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Not meaning to be offensive, but it fits the bill of "quick and exclusive but clueless about good cars" that most Cougarmobiles fit.

agree... and i was pretty dead set against her getting it. but when she gets it in her head to get something, she does.

we did the test drive, and i was appalled. it is really a terrible car from an ergonomic standpoint, with horrible access from the driver's seat, and no rearward visibility. but the hatch/trunk is huge, and it is surprisingly fast. and it's red. so she liked it.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    we did the test drive, and i was appalled. it is really a terrible car from an ergonomic standpoint, with horrible access from the driver's seat, and no rearward visibility. but the hatch/trunk is huge, and it is surprisingly fast. and it's red. so she liked it.
    yeah they're pace isn't bad, the owner i know takes his to lakeside raceway with moderate success. it's just everything else is.. meh. lol.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

That would me you're talking about Clutch.
    If anyone actually wants a lowdown on these cars, feel free to ask.
    Less than 3000 made in total, run a 13 flat in the 1/4 stock, and here's one beating a 350z Nismo S tune and a Boxster S around willow springs.
    Hot Sixes - Article - Road and Track
    Yes, they are a re-bodied SLK32 AMG, exactly the same car, except with different outside panels and about 50% different interior trim. The difference between a Crossfire and an SRT6 is night and day. Engine,brakes,transmission,exhaust,suspension,the works.
    They handle slightly better than the AMG though, due to the enhanced rigidity of the body, not being a convertible.
    While the looks are subjective, there is nothing, except ALMOST the new 370Z, that will perform that well in the price bracket. For the record, pretty much all the reviews of the SRT6 are positive, most glowing, and yes, the normal Crossfire is indeed a POS.
    No part of the car ever touches American soil-the entire thing is built at AMG, then assembled at Karmann in Germany, who assemble for Porsche and Audi, among others.

And that "hilarious" BRABUS is one of THESE:

The forfour BRABUS.
    Less than 50 in the country, less than 1000 in total, faster than a Golf GTI and custom done by Brabus in Germany. Most people quite like it, rather than finding in "hilarious", but once again, these things are subjective.
    I DO however have THIS:

Which is INDEED hilarious.
    Last edited by wolfman101; 02-19-2010 at 08:08 AM.

I should add that the Roady IS fun though, as well as hilarious. Got Top Gear fun car of the year '05.

Mainly for the wife though!!! I swear!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsJK3zRclN4]YouTube - roadster smart racing[/ame]

is that a blowoff valve? or is that just the sound of the sequential shifter?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I always thought the FF Brabus was an interesting, if expensive, hot hatch.
    Visca Catalunya!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    That was the Roadster in the video eh? I have to admit its got a lovely sound to it. I thoughthe was going to crash for a second in some parts but he knows what he's doin so what am I saying? Pretty awesome vid thats for sure. And thanks!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

wait wasn't the roadster the brabus?
    oh well. they're both hilarious cars. so left field. The idea of a brabus FF is most hilarious, such a quirky car. pulls off what the aston martin cygnet was trying to do imo.
    get stainless steel brake lines before next trackday on the SRT6 though
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 02-19-2010 at 03:48 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Nope.
    It's a fairly modified standard roady.
    There's only 18 hp difference between the two cars anyway-the differences are mainly cosmetic.
    Yep, that's the normal sound of the wastegate.
    I would have thought a Brabus Fortwo would have been more hilarious-the 44 is just a modified Mitsubishi Colt-just a good ol' 4 cylinder turbo hot hatch.

Apologies for the length of that post-the '6 is just a car not many people know about, and they tend to associate with the Crossfire, which is truly rubbish.
    I'm running 0-60 in about 4.3 seconds, and do the 1/4 in 12.5 at the moment-and that's just with a pulley swap.
    Always amuses people at the lights though..."oh look, it's one of those fake sports car CrossfiOH SHIT WHERE DID HE GO"

As for the brakes-I'm still running the standard AMG kit, but with carbon ceramic pads and drilled/ventilated disks.
    As noted in the comparison I posted, the brakes do fade, but that's helped somewhat.
    Like all AMGs, it's a road biased car that can hold its own on a track.
    Last edited by wolfman101; 02-19-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman101 View Post
    I would have thought a Brabus Fortwo would have been more hilarious-the 44 is just a modified Mitsubishi Colt-just a good ol' 4 cylinder turbo hot hatch.
    haha yeah the roadster is funky all on it's own, but the idea of an uber-expensive tuning house like brabus doing a full FF/colt is just so 'out there'
    it'd be like porsche doing a four door or aston martin doing a small hatc- oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman101 View Post
    As for the brakes-I'm still running the standard AMG kit, but with carbon ceramic pads and drilled/ventilated disks.
    As noted in the comparison I posted, the brakes do fade, but that's helped somewhat.
    Like all AMGs, it's a road biased car that can hold its own on a track.
    definately look at s/s braided lines if you don't have them already

The FF Brabus might be a slithgly more powerful Colt CZT, now called Ralliart, but IIRC it was as fast as the new GTI is now, so with 170-odd bhp it would say it's quite an achievement. And it also has the exclusiveness and praticality factor. A Mini may have been slitghly slower, and maybe better to drive, but it's much more unpractical and far less exclusive.

I've always liked the FF Brabus as a left-field choice.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information