Thread: Land Rover Defender 2020 Discussion

Land Rover Defender 2020 Discussion

Anyone look at the new Defender and just laugh at how overcomplicated this new mall cruiser is going to be? Air suspension you can sort of justify, but still likely unnecessary and software updates through satellite internet makes me think this is needlessly complex.

Land Rover Defender - Land Rover Global

It also doesn't look particularly good, and I have no idea why the 2 door version has a fake pillar in the rear glass.

I will tell you what this car isn't. Utilitarian.

The old Defender was a car for farmers, this is... this is something else.

I hate the fake pillar, but other than that don't mind the styling.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It looks like a concept car from the '90s.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Maybe I would like the look more if it had bolt-on fenders or something else that was a better nod to its lineage.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

A thought that just popped into my head, doesn't the straight-six version feel a bit as if they had put an XK engine into the original Land Rover?

That is, wrong.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    A thought that just popped into my head, doesn't the straight-six version feel a bit as if they had put an XK engine into the original Land Rover?

That is, wrong.
    The Land Cruiser had versions with straight 6s. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

I want to see it in reality

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The Land Cruiser had versions with straight 6s. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.
    Oh, I didn't mean it as in the mechanical layout itself, but rather in regards to its sportiness and high-performanceness. It's a Defender with a 400bhp hybrid engine from the factory.

I read somewhere that this may interest people with Discovery 3s and 4s, and they might just be right. It is the new Discovery.
    Visca Catalunya!

Oh, I didn't mean it as in the mechanical layout itself, but rather in regards to its sportiness and high-performanceness. It's a Defender with a 400bhp hybrid engine from the factory.

I read somewhere that this may interest people with Discovery 3s and 4s, and they might just be right. It is the new Discovery.
    Ah, well if you wanted a lot of power, you can get the Bowler version with the massive V8 too. Not sure if they're making that newer version too.

The INEOS Grenadier is a much more closer match to the original Defender, and true to it's roots.
    Even the Lada Niva is closer to an original Defender compared to the new LR 'Pretender' Eby6jsUXkAAMhDe.jpg

I read somewhere that this may interest people with Discovery 3s and 4s, and they might just be right. It is the new Discovery. Hope to get one via this company because otherwise with my bad credit score I will go on driving a 25-year Civic

I watched several reviews recently. People are saying that LR Defender's electronics is not secure at all. Several times the reviewers could get into a car accident because of the glitches.
    Last edited by Cunde; 11-30-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Thread Information