Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Race Driver: Grid

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    a bit arcady is an understatement!

I was soo excited for this game until I played the demo today

The vehicle control is non-existent....its laughable

graphics and damage on the other hand are 10 out of 10 for sure! Very good detail there...engine sound is top notch as well
    Yeah, this game is a joke.
    PSN: onikron

Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    Yeah, this game is a joke.
    I would agree with this.

Just tried the demo with a Logitech MOMO wheel. Very arcadey and very unresponsive would be my description.

Also it is really badly optimised. My computer is hardly a slowpoke and it jerks all over the place... especially in the cockpit view.

Another driving game I won't be buying...

Bring on GTR Evo

Oh yeah and what's up with "This demo is not representative of the quality of the final game" statement!
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    Just tried the demo with a Logitech MOMO wheel. Very arcadey and very unresponsive would be my description.
    shame
    Also it is really badly optimised. My computer is hardly a slowpoke and it jerks all over the place... especially in the cockpit view.
    If you're running everything at highest then more than likely it's the grpahics card that's bottling. Newer games are expecting to find Dx10 cards with lots of process units. Have to say the graphics weren't an issue on mine - with everything turned to max too
    Oh yeah and what's up with "This demo is not representative of the quality of the final game" statement!
    Standard marketing cover-your-ass note.
    That way they can argue two points ... if anything's shitty and disliked they can say "well that's only a demo, we told you it wasn't representative" (eg jerkiness!) and if you're dumb enough to buy it and find the real version is worse or missing features and you complain about it then guess what their response is ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Newer games are expecting to find Dx10 cards with lots of process units.

Standard marketing cover-your-ass note.
    You would have though a 8800GTS would've been ok for a while longer, but there you go!

True, true...
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

I tried the demo on the PS3, and while it's very arcadey, it seems they must have done something right, cos i've looked at some internet reviews of the final game, and it's getting pretty high reviews:
    PS Mag UK: 90
    Video Gamer: 90
    Game Informer: 90
    IGN: 87

Has anyone bought the Playstation version?? Can they shed light on how wonderful/shit this is?

While i'm not at all a modern-Ferrari fan (i'll take an F40 over any car since, and a 250swb over everything between that and the F40), it seems i may be going to get that to entertain me. More likely to fill the gap until GT5 comes out (hurry up Polyphony, what are you jokers playing at?)
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 06-03-2008 at 09:33 AM.

In my opinion this game is NOT a simulator. Even though the damage might be advanced everything else is a mess. Steering response, suspension characteristics, and a whole bunch of other things are completely unrealistic. I tried playing it with my Logitech G25 and it was not at all what Ive expected. Apart from not having the facilities for the H-pattern shifter, I couldnt even change the throttle sensitivity with a noticeable difference!

This game belongs on the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    I tried the demo on the PS3, and while it's very arcadey, it seems they must have done something right, cos i've looked at some internet reviews of the final game, and it's getting pretty high reviews:
    PS Mag UK: 90
    Video Gamer: 90
    Game Informer: 90
    IGN: 87

Has anyone bought the Playstation version?? Can they shed light on how wonderful/shit this is?

While i'm not at all a modern-Ferrari fan (i'll take an F40 over any car since, and a 250swb over everything between that and the F40), it seems i may be going to get that to entertain me. More likely to fill the gap until GT5 comes out (hurry up Polyphony, what are you jokers playing at?)
    mainstream video game media is hardly a place to judge the merit of a supposed racing "sim".....for them, good graphics, cool damage feature, can do cool powerslide = good racing game....I've only read one mag reviewer that has a more educated opinion on this, Andy Mahood who writes for PC Gamer in US(not sure if he still writes for them, as I haven't read the mag in years), who used to race Toyota Atlantic cars in the 80s....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by superwaxer View Post
    In my opinion this game is NOT a simulator. Even though the damage might be advanced everything else is a mess. Steering response, suspension characteristics, and a whole bunch of other things are completely unrealistic. I tried playing it with my Logitech G25 and it was not at all what Ive expected. Apart from not having the facilities for the H-pattern shifter, I couldnt even change the throttle sensitivity with a noticeable difference!

This game belongs on the console.
    I agree with you there...but after the demo I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near GTR2.

But it's fun enough to mess about with.

What The Hell Ive Already Completed This Game And Its Making Me Start Again!!!!!!! If Ive Lost My Online Rank
    If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear.

Ayrton Senna

Thank god for that ive kept my online rank but still im a realy pissed about losing all my career season 15 i was on.
    If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear.

Ayrton Senna

so is it any good on x360??? i enjoyed the demo but i can't see it stayin fun?? handling doesn't seem quite right, even when all aids are of???

I presume on-line is as brain-damaged as all the rest and each of the platform can only race with their own kind.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm thinking of picking it up tonight when I get off work, but I don't know...

Well, it does silly stuff like the Audi R10 will do 265mph at Le Sarthe.

There's no chassis tuning at all. Strictly arcade.

I know I said I didnt like the demo, but I actually just bought it

I've been bored and needed something to do...maybe the crazy physics will grow on me

EDIT: ok so I've decided this game is fun. its def a challenge because im so used to forza2. but im slowly learning how to control the car...the funny thing is you steer and brake using the gas..because if you actually try and steer and brake the car, it spins out of control

some of the tracks are alot of fun, and the f3 cars i was driving last night was really fun. inside car graphics are really impressive
    Last edited by werty; 06-08-2008 at 09:25 AM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information