Thread: 2 meters wide (7 feet) sports cars for daily driving?

2 meters wide (7 feet) sports cars for daily driving?

What do you guys think about driving 2 meters wide (almost 2 foot wide) everyday?
    Aren't they just too wide?

Maybe they would be a bit better if their rearview mirrors didn't protude beyond the bodywork, either by placing them on the A-pillar or by placing vertical supports F1 style.

Does length make a big difference?
    Say from say from 4.50 meters (15 feet) compared to 4.80 meters (16 feet).
    Do front engine cars are easier to drive in heavy traffic compared to mid engine ones?

I've been given fast rides on Lambos but on mostly empty streets, not during rush hour traffic.

For me width is the biggest restriction when driving car, and not only in everyday driving on cities (motorways and main roads are fine mostly) but especially in narrow twisty mountain roads when a car that is too wide can be very annoying and unnerving.

And that is specially important in sportscars (or sporty cars), because what's the point of a car that is designed to be driven if it can't fit in a proper driver's road?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I couldn't get through some of the streets I drive down in a 2 metre wide car. It would depend on where you live and where you drive everyday, but for me it would be a pretty ridiculous thing to attempt.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The other problem with driving them every day is parking. They don't fit into a 'standard' sized spot.

The other issue with some (Murcie, etc) is that the rear is wider than the front, making judging gaps a lot trickier in tight lanes
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Big time View Post
    Does length make a big difference?
    So they say.

Thread Information