Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Motors E7

Carbon Motors E7

The Need for a Purpose-Built Law Enforcement Vehicle

Did you know...
    that law enforcement officers do not drive custom-made or purpose-built patrol vehicles?

The vehicles that law enforcement agencies use today are retail passenger cars that were never designed for heavy-duty law enforcement usage. Needed law enforcement equipment (such as lights, sirens, radios, cameras, etc.) is then purchased and installed, or 'upfitted', to a retail passenger vehicle in the after-market.

Think about it. Firefighters, emergency medical responders, military personnel, mail carriers, and garbage collectors all drive vehicles tailored to the specific needs of their jobs. Shouldn't the men and women who protect and serve our communities and police our streets deserve a vehicle that will not only keep them safer but help them to perform their jobs more effectively?

Under the current system, law enforcement agencies have no economies of scale in purchasing vehicles, equipment or maintenance services. In addition to purchasing its own fleet of vehicles from a local car dealer, each law enforcement agency is responsible for purchasing the emergency equipment from a multitude of vendors located all over the world. This is why the cost of a fully equipped law enforcement vehicle can total over $80,000.

These costs keep piling up even when it's time to retire a vehicle. When a law enforcement vehicle reaches the end of its useful life, it must be decommissioned. In order to do so, agencies must remove the vehicle from service, uninstall all of the emergency-related equipment, sometimes re-paint the car, and then sell the vehicle into the public domain.

Law enforcement agencies should be focused on protecting our communities—not overseeing these types of complex fleet management operations. There needs to be a simpler, more cost effective solution.

Carbon Motors will address all of these major issues with the Carbon E7 by providing a reliable, durable, affordable, high-performance patrol vehicle designed by law enforcement, for law enforcement.

Officer Protection and Safety

Did you know...
    that approximately 50 percent of all officer injuries occur in the vehicles they drive. Causes for these injuries include not only crashes, but also poor ergonomics, limited space, and injuries stemming from the insertion and removal of combative subjects.

The National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration (NHTSA) requires crash testing of all vehicles sold in the United States. Unfortunately, there is no such requirement for additional testing once a vehicle has been 'upfitted' with after-market law enforcement related equipment. These adaptations are completed at the agency's own risk. If these heavily modified versions of retail passenger cars were put through the proper tests, they most likely would not pass.

At the request of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), Carbon Motors Corporation joined the Law Enforcement Stops and Safety Subcommittee (LESSS) alongside General Motors Corporation, Ford Motor Company, and Chrysler LLC. The committee's primary focus is on vehicle-related safety matters, which has provided Carbon additional a front-row view of the industry's challenges on matters of officer safety.

Carbon Motors believes that a purpose-built vehicle produced to the specifications and quality of an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) will yield significant safety improvements for first responders.

The Carbon E7 will meet or exceed all federally mandated safety and operational regulations right off the manufacturer's line, with all law enforcement equipment installed. The result will be a vehicle that offers the highest level of protection, performance, and safety for the men and women charged with ensuring the safety of the American public.

Fuel Economy

Did you know...
    that there are over 19,000 law enforcement agencies in the United States with a combined total of over 425,000 vehicles? These vehicles average only 8-14 miles per gallon and can sometimes drive up to 90,000 miles a year.

With this size fleet, this usage profile, and this type of outdated technology, it is estimated that law enforcement in the United States burns through 1.5 billion gallons of gasoline annually and emits over 14 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere per year. And taxpayers are shelling out over $4 billion each year for fuel expenditures alone, a number that only increases as the cost of fuel rises.

Carbon Motors will use superior technologies to improve the performance and durability of a law enforcement vehicle, while also providing up to a 40 percent improvement in fuel economy. This will save taxpayer dollars while providing law enforcement first responders with the right technology for the critical task of securing our communities.

Source: Carbon Motors Corporation - Purpose Built Police Car, Police Vehicle, E7
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Meh, we all know a Suzuki Jimny with a doormat nailed the front is the most cost effective law enforcement vehicle...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Carbon Motors E7 #2
    Visca Catalunya!

Carbon Motors E7 #3
    Visca Catalunya!

does it have a fuel efficient diesel engine?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

mhe

a bigger trunk for some uzi and other toys would help
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    does it have a fuel efficient diesel engine?
    I read somewhere it's BMW's 3 litre twin turbo straight six diesel.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I read somewhere it's BMW's 3 litre twin turbo straight six diesel.
    tuned to 400 BHP???
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    tuned to 400 BHP???
    Nope 300bhp according to them.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Nope 300bhp according to them.
    I have now read that, but where does it say BMW?

damn pigs, as long as i can spot it from far away before they can radar me. they still will use under cover stock lookin cars like taxis here in NYC. ahh damn. life sucks.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Did you know...

That there are no pictures of the rear?

And this car looks like crap?

I allways wondered why noone had done this before, it's a well thought out car, nice design piece, Kudos!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Where does the machine gun turret pop up from? Can it launch spike strips? I mean if you're going to make a purpose built police interceptor, I want to see some toys!
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Pah, can only be one police special
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information