Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Yet another GTR flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    That act won't stop a dealer from then refusing to work on your car. We do it all the time.
    How much can you modify before work is refused? If it's nothing then it's a case of profiteering. Simple as, especially if they void warranties too.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

It depends. If you've got an intake and exhaust on your car, and you're having radio problems, we aren't going to send you away. But don't expect us to cover your 2.0T that's running software and 20 pounds of boost when your turbo seals blow out. And they will blow out.

We refuse the work because it will come back on us. We can cover it under warranty, but if VWoA finds out, they will kick back the entire claim to us. And we eat it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

It depends. If you've got an intake and exhaust on your car, and you're having radio problems, we aren't going to send you away. But don't expect us to cover your 2.0T that's running software and 20 pounds of boost when your turbo seals blow out. And they will blow out.

We refuse the work because it will come back on us. We can cover it under warranty, but if VWoA finds out, they will kick back the entire claim to us. And we eat it.
    That's fair - you can see my views from my earlier post about trackdays: If the claim is unrelated or the "interference" has only a minute chance of causing problems, the manufacturer should cough-up. Where do they stand regarding ECU remaps?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    There is a law/act in the United States called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) that basically says that any after market part must be in direct relation to the malfunction seeking replacement under warranty. In other words if you put a CAI on a new car, and suddenly an electronic component in the head unit stops working, they cannot void your warranty. I think this goes for track use as well. If your power windows stop working leaving the track, then the dealer has to repair it under warranty.

I'm not sure how this works else wear but I'm sure your rights are protected somehow.
    That seems to be the point of that act, I don't think your dealership is actually doing anything different to it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information